Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• Hello, As this is my first post here on the forums, I would like to preface by saying that, besides the music in the prisons, I absolutely love the Crossfire mod. I played Freelancer a great deal from 2003-2008 and played on many RP servers during that time (Frostworks was my first, if anyone remembers that) and I've been on Discovery on and off over the last few years. I very much appreciate how the look and feel of the Crossfire mod makes everything seem fresh and new again. I also really lik…
  • Right, the point of my post is that it isn't difficult. It's what's known as "artificial difficulty." Increasing the health of an enemy does not make an enemy more difficult, it just makes it take longer to kill. This is a cheap and easy tactic to get people to think a fight is difficult when it isn't. In the case of the Crossfire mod, the fights with these enemies are not difficult (I rarely use nanobots or shield bats), but it is long, drawn-out, and tedious. The main point is this: I've play…
  • Alrighty, I guess I got the answers I was looking for from the people who mattered. While not entirely satisfying, I guess it's something I'll have to live with. I continue to very much enjoy the server, and will strive to grow more patient. For the record: I didn't notice this in any of the starting systems, or even when I was grinding rep in Dublin. I first noticed when I was hunting Hessians in Hamburg in a Valkyrie I had to go all the way to Omicron Theta to get decent guns in haha