Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• I am new to Crossfire. The increased speed makes it impossible to finish the race, especially towards the end. Is there any way to reduce the cruise speed?
  • Thank you for the reply. I have played the vanilla game 20+ times. The race is a breeze at a cruise speed of 300. In Crossfire, they all seem to be 450 (all that I remember flying). I have an A-100 Stormrider. I even replaced it with the low-end ship sold there at the race battleship (Cavalier). This ship did provide tighter turns, but at that speed, it made no difference on the second half of the race. Do other ships have a slower cruise speed? I was really looking forward to trying something …
  • Seriously, thanks for all your responses. All very good info. Much of it is all stuff I had to learn to get through vanilla, though. At the 450 speed in Crossfire, my ship is all over the place. No control at all. I don't have the coordination, patience nor the interest to play FPS or racing games. I respect that you and others can complete this race, but it is not in my reaction time. This used to upset me to no end, but I am okay with it now. I'm an 'old guy', and I have my preferred genres. …
  • Interesting... the installation instructions seemed to say I had to start with a clean start to Freelancer... that the game save file had to be empty. Can I simply load one of my previous play-through saves, and turn that into a Crossfire save? For the record, I did catch the several comments about needing better skill in Crossfire. This is quite apparent playing new ships in the vanilla campaign. Against 5-8 ships, they can't drop my shield more than 25% or so, but I have to basically kill one…
  • Loading a previous save worked. This will allow me to finish and move on to Crossfire, but I do lose the credits and ship already earned. The offer to help complete the race for me is awesome - I'd be humbled for sure. I attached the file here. I had to change the extension to .txt. It will need to be changed back to .fl. Also, thanks for the info on the cross-hairs! I will look for this - it should make a huge game play enjoyment improvement for me. Cheers