Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• I've been talking to my friend in Microsoft Games and there are plans to shutdown the Freelancer Global Server in Early 2008 (feb-march time). I have asked him and he says it'll be used for another newer game. He has no power on the decision but i have asked him to put a good word in for us. If he is not successful, i have talked with Kai - Team Xlink who do support for Multiplayer Gaming EG: Halo 2 on Xbox without Xbox Live. They say if it does go down, they should be able to get an area open …
  • for the community as a whole it affects FL.
  • have been talking to my mate and he has put in the good word, he said how popular the game is and that MS should continue MP support. Will keep you all updated.
  • i can't sing as i'm tone deaf
  • (Quote) I am currently working with Team Xlink and Hamatchi to figure out a solution there - but we have a long time until the server will finally be closed and we will all receive a 30day warning from Microsoft via LR on the date sometime in Jan 08.
  • (Quote) Hamachi/Team Xlink's Kai will work, if they can create software to emulate the global server. Otherwise i'll just have to plead to get the FL Global Server software from my mate - but no doubt i cant
  • RESULTS SO FAR: Freelancer Support will continue for another year if...enough people use the global server. So far, on average there are 1000-1250 players online from 6pm-9pm GMT. If we can get that to 1500-1750(very tricky i know) We can garantee support for yet another year. If numbers decrease upto Feb/March - we will get a months server closure warning. Blaster
  • Convo - me and friend in Microsoft Games *wwf [b]Simon[b] says:Hey matesteve says:Alright*wwf [b]Simon[b] says:any more luck with FL support?steve says:Possibly, you'll need at least another 350 people on the server at peak time to get 1yr more*wwf [b]Simon[b] says:ummm....thats gonna be rly easy for 2/3 months!steve says:yes, but it can't be helpedsteve says:the fact that support site went down doesnt help aswell*wwf [b]Simon[b] says:you mean Lancers Reactor?steve says:yes, something wrong wit…
  • shouldnt we focus on getting the global server players increased?? I have no damn clue how we are going to though
  • still running 98? - Go with the flow of XP or vista
  • (Quote) Controlled = possible abuse + one person has power over others Current GLS = no abuse + no power over others (apart from closure)
  • from what i see - that was it and now closed for good.