Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• There's nothing wrong with a long wait. The scale of the update appears to be rather immense, and all factors considered this sort of time frame is to be expected. Many mods out there that take years to update... some are abandoned but many of those that are carried through with prove to be superb. Open singleplayer functionality certainly isn't going to be a priotity, and for good reason, but I look forwards to giving it a spin all the same when 1.8 comes out. Hours are a lot harder to come by …
  • I might be a little out of touch, but I would like to point out that a dozen or so posts later what started as a clever and undoubtedly amusing joke off-topic is now just simply off-topic. Unless that picture Haegar found is going to be in the mod, in which case I'm not sure whether to laugh or be nervous. Any word on which elements of the mod are well-developed at this point? Not necessarily an urgent need-to-know, but curious all the same. Maybe it could put things in perspective for a lot of…
  • I'd have to agree on most points. As a gunslinger it seems obvious that codename Mk IIs and tizonas are more effective in PvP than PPCs/Gatts/DKAs (which are choice weapons against NPCs). High ping and lack of skill might be to blame, but this "meta" Black describes really feels like the mod's present supremacy fighter. A pilot like me who uses guns and less-nimble ships is at a severe disadvantage. Dying a lot is okay, but it is frustrating having next to no chance (my standard of "victory" is…
  • (Quote) Sparing everyone a really long monologue about the nature of perception, relativism, and the limitations of this to elaborate, there is actually a rather reasonable case that can be made to reinforce that statement.
  • There's no need for that. I'm sure Discovery has a good group of people. It'd be nice to have more people by the way... but as-is there is a certain small-town feeling to this mod that is charming, too. Sometimes it's very refreshing to log on and recognize the character names of everybody playing. The number of people online and the quality of those players is always relative though. Gameplay is however good the players make it, and while the mod certainly helps its potential cannot be truly fu…
  • (Quote) ...perhaps better if left unsaid, but isn't that from vanilla?
  • I had always been fond of the BPIII. Despite the weak shielding, the propulsion and weaponry capabilities were impressive. Even took one to Menton a couple of times. Hopefully the ship will remain well-balanced. It may suck in PvP but is one outstanding, unique vessel when pitched into the right sort of scenario. Spiky, don't forget the Kamov. It needs help too; it has fewer guns and doesn't have that blue-blasty-thing-of-capship-doom! xD
  • (Quote) It will be interesting to see how that effects trade. Wonder if there are any trade runs that don't involve cardamine or artifacts that may make planets Crete or Malta highly lucrative... tried to check a few times before in a Soulforge, but those gunboats really love it when pilots jump in with a level 7 shield.
  • Very much impressed by all these changes being listed and the in-game footage. I'm not sure if it's something I've already said in another thread, but seeing how this has progressed and literally watching some of the new features in motion... there is a feeling it evokes that may not have been felt since first buying Freelancer and excitedly setting out to explore and finish the storyline the first go around. It's hard to describe really, but reflecting upon past versions of the mod it is remark…
  • Best of wishes. Hope it's a smooth process.
  • (Quote) Never underestimate the ability of people to turn speculation or suggestion into fact. xD