Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• I think players who complain about repetitiveness would say the very same about CF... if the only goal is to get the biggest ship asap, it may end in making same trade-runs over and over again - like in CF. After playing for 4hrs, I thinks it's already a game worth buying. I like the "feel" it gives you to the huge distances in space and the flying around in 3 modes of speed is nicely done. Found only one negative point (but maybe I'm just to unexperienced yet): I find it hard to distiguish pla…
  • @Huor, bought it via Steam, as I already had it installed due to XCom.
  • Dug into ED a bit further today. I think the main reason that players are rather silent around my starting system is the fear of pirates and murderers. However, around stations is a "weapon free zone" (station will punish you if you dare pewpew around there) and while i hung around waiting for a free place to dock (station was crowded by smugglers) I had some nice conversations. Tried that abovementioned "running a low heat-signature" thing a bit and must clarify that a heat-sink isn't needed a…
  • (Quote from GodEatGod) Uploaded a few more screenies to my album. There are 5 different stations in the game. The three I made pictures of are very similar inside (all rotating cylinders). The Outpost have landing pads outside and there should be some stations on Asteroids, but I didn't ran across one yet (and haven't searched for)... The System I'm running is an AMD Phenom II x6 @3GHz and AMD 7850 GPU... allows quite high settings with acceptable FPS. If someone from herel is in Elite-space, I…
  • Some very valid points, OP! Just let me comment on some points, which I have a different view or can give a bit of extra information: ad 2) the idea to mimic the distances and sizes in space is interesting and the three modes of travelling are well made to deal with that in game. Especially the ring-planets are beautiful and often visited by me as pirates show up at the Extraction zones quite often, so you can get their bounty and raise rep with local authorities. Or for mining (but found it a …
  • I still think player-supported faction is interesting, as it offers all types of gameplay and therefore the opportunity to be in a clan/group/corporation and still have relatively much freedom of playing. I'm not 100% sure how that works exactly, but here is a text from Dev-Update 23/07/15 (Quote) Unsure what are all different possibilities for support and how other human players act if they are close neighbours (constant blockade with PvP would be a bit boring, e.g.)
  • Oh well - hope they spend my money reasonably....