Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• Apart from Brazil winning in Sweden in 1958, and maybe 1 or 2 other odd occassions - usually a team from that continent wins the World Cup. It would be nice to see an African team do well - but I doubt it - I do predict one of them does very well. Year Host Country Winner Score 1930 Uruguay Uruguay Uruguay 4-2 Argentina 1934 Italy Italy Italy 2-1 Czechoslovakia 1938 France Italy Italy 4-2 Hungary 1942 not held 1946 not held 1950 Brazil Uruguay Uruguay 2-1 Brazil 1954 Switzerland Germany Germany…
  • So far trying to watch all the games - hey the WC is every four years only - but my bosses at work are closing down the BBC and ITV websites. Anyway - quite like some of the Asian teams football - seems exciting and direct. Thought Italy had lots of potential - they know how to win and are very direct and ruthless. England - hugh sigh - are a disgrace. Emile Heskey should not play and P Crouch should - what we lose in "Holding up play" by 10% factor we gain "Scoring gaols" by 10000000000000000%…
  • Mighty English Lions vanquish Slovenia in a completely one sided match which could have been 10-0 to England. C'mon Eng ger land - Three Lions on a Shirt - It's coming home! We gave the world the game of football - and we gonna win it again - Jules Rimet trophy gleaming in the African sunlight - held aloft by the mighty lion Steven Gerrard - nothing can stop us now - we gonna win it again - we have the best team and the best players - English Lions - invincible C mon - who is next - c mon stand…
  • I say we do an England (plus the rest of the World) V Germans kick about in Arena on Sunday or Saturday before the game. Someone rich can give out some prizes for most goals scored (most kills) and best defender (least killed) Maybe some 1v1 penalty shoot outs And then Germany wins as usual. The only Englishman I can remember off hand now are Gal, Slayer, Saxon, Angmar, Son of Angmar mmmm - who else? And the Germans - well - there are thousands of them all over the SWAT community. A chat room t…
  • Although I respect Huor uber - not sure what he was drinking when he posted his chart - predicting that not only would England defeat the Germans - but Argentina too? Here is an interesting piece on the BBC website from a guy called David Bond comparing both English and German approaches to managing their national football.. Sunday's classic contest between England and Germany is not only a battle to decide who reaches the quarter-finals of this World Cup. The game in Bloemfontein also presents…
  • Ok – after the event – let us look back at recent events. The squad It is obvious that once a position of strength, the GK position in England is weak and there was no obvious candidate to be the number one keeper – the top English clubs do not have an English keeper starting for them and David James (Calamity James) has often been inconsistent his entire career and he played for Portsmouth last season (they got relegated) and he ended up paying for some of the clubs employees. Ie No one was bo…
  • Sorry for the insult - but Germany played like England! Well - I am out of the office competition - I was hoping for a German win, Spain played really well and attacked for a win - Germany looked slow and out of energy - too much like England. Not sure if it was the pitch or something they eat before - was it too hot for them? 1-0 down Germany played faster - but I think if they did that from the beginning they could have won. Nice to see two new teams in the final - goodbye to the "OLD" Europe…