Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• What are the criteria for being able to mount weight reduction upgrades?With 70 units cargo space available I am confronted with "..not enough cargo space available.." This connection with cargo space seems a bit odd, after all, the upgrade is supposed to replace heavy components with lighter ones... ?
  • Could someone with insight please explain the precise workings of this Weight Reduction Upgrade. There are a number of aspects about it which I find rather peculiar. 1. Why should replacing heavy compnents with lighter ones take up 60 cargo units?2. Why is thruster speed reduced? With a Weight Reduction Upgrade III mounted and Armour Class 10 onboard (but not mounted, see question 3.), I have observed a drop from 189, with an Advanced Thruster, to a lethargic 154! This remained the case when th…
  • Okie dokie. Thnx for the enlightenment!Can't say I wholeheartedly agree with the "... are mounted on the same place (the hull) so you can only mount one of them" business, I would still view the reduction as being a component replacement process rather than something supplementary being mounted, but, you're the boss As for replacing nice strong steel (density aprox. 8030 kg/m3) with flimsy aluminium (density 2700 kg/m3) ; yes, that would mean a lot of aluminium to attain the same strength, but t…