Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 37.

• Hello all, I just found this Crossfire mod 1.9 just the other day, and was amazed at what you guys have done with it!I was playing Freelancer for years, and just recently came back to play around with it again, and found this site by accident. I was wondering if there is a repository for ship models somewhere, and what are the specs needed for new designs? I have a lot of experience with Blender 2.63, and 3d models are easy to make. I just need to know all the rules that must be followed. ( ie.…
  • Thank you very much, I'll try to find it...and yes, this place is amazing! It really brought the game I love so much back to life!
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)That is definitely helpful... I was messing around with some drawings, and started making the Millenium Falcon, so far 5326 vertices, 5500 faces ( or polygons). I haven't added the landing gear or any real detail to the mesh yet, a lot of detail can be faked using bump maps ( to keep the poly count down ). The mesh is not completed yet... because I'm not sure what all the restrictions are ( ie. do I keep the cannons separate from the mesh, as well as the radar dish? ) I …
  • Ok, after doing a little digging, I found out lots of helpful information. First off, the latest version of Blender has Import/Export capabilities for MilkShape ( .ms3d ) ... so it will be extremely easy to create and export from Blender. I imported a ship ( Black Halk ) into Blender to take a look at the mesh.... The mesh looks extremely basic, and uses triangles instead of quads. I'm still trying to figure everything out, but it looks like it would be very easy to create new items ( ships/sta…
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)Hahaha sorry about that... no disrespect intended... just giving an example of what can be done using Blender... good to know engine mounts are added later. I took a look at the Black Halk mesh... and noticed it uses Triangles instead of Quads... is that normal for MilkShape ? Any sugestions for ships/stations ? I could throw a bunch of samples out if you like... or how about gun mounts...they look like they could use a makeover. I'd like to make a few examples and see i…
  • Getting closer to an answer.... Able to import the Dromedary into the same scene as my demo ship, and also able to export the Dromedary back out to ms3d file, so I must be breaking some rule when I created my ship. My ship was built using Quads. I tried to export, and failed. So I converted the entire mesh to triangles. Still failed attempt to export. My guess right now is that I have to many triangles. Going to bed now... I'll check it out again tomorrow.
  • Ok, so I was able to export as OBJ, then re imported it, then export as ms3d... not sure what was wrong, but it works. Now I have to figure out how to attach the ms3d file to this post LOL
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)My texturing skills are fine, still trying to learn how ms3d works, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. So how do I attach the ms3d file to my post? Here is an animated gif of what the mesh looks like.
  • Here is the mesh... please let me know if you can work with it or not.
  • Here is the mesh with a little color painted on it. Its very dirty job... only unwrapped half the mesh and copied to other side, that is why CROSSFIRE text is backwards on starboard side. The Blue Goose Mesh is attached LOL
  • I made this last night after finishing off the Blue Goose... I was going for the Reign-land Gunboat type ship class... because when viewed from above, it looks like the eagles in the merchant shop on Reignland. I'm including the mesh... still waiting to hear if my works are even useable...
  • Are there any rules I should know about when designing a model? On my Mesh008 there are turret mounts on top and bottom of wing, one near the hull, and I left a few flat spots for gun mounts. I also put 6 engine exhaust ports...not sure if that's even possible. I'd like to place running lights that blink around the ship, and the engine balls would be glowing and rotating, but not sure how to animate in ms3d just yet. I'm just looking for any input from anyone who has experience designing these …
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)I'm not using any of your tools yet, just making meshes in Blender. What should I do after I make a mesh? What program do I play with next ? LOL this is all still new to me.
  • Making a windshield was easy... I'll attach it to this post. I guess I should start learning the next steps in building a ship. I read the PDF file explaining how to get a ship in to Freelancer, so wish me luck. The directions seemed pretty straightforward, and I might even design an exe to build a mod from a folder, but fist things first. Get a ship into FL on my own, then build the program to streamline the precess LOL
  • Ok throw out mesh 008.... it became waaaay to messy and wasn't going in the direction I was looking for. Mesh 010 is in the works... mesh is clean and complete, now just working on the materials. I hope the materials export to ms3d ! As you can see in the photo, mesh008 was getting way too cluttered, so I had to spend today re-designing mesh010. Everything should be completed within a day or so. PS: Right Click on the image below and choose View Image.... it will open full-size in browser, and …
  • Ok, mesh010 is colored and textured... I exported it to ms3d, and the colors are gone ! Here is the mesh with a bump map to add the hull plating effect. Added a texture of Musgrave with a color of black to give it a camouflage look. Here is what I get when I import the ms3d file back into blender Like I said, still trying to figure all this stuff out... any advice ?
  • I'm not giving up on this...still learning how the blender exporter works... if you delete the radar dish from the mesh, then the entire mesh is mirrored. As soon as I figure the materials out I'll upload.
  • Ok I think I've done everything correctly... I just have no clue how to use Milk Shape, so I'll need assistance finishing this project. I'm attaching the mesh,material and texture map in this zip file. If this works, I'll put a tutorial together to help people make their own ships ! If you get this working in MilkShape, please tell me how you did it !!! I have no clue how that program works.
  • While I wait for someone to get back to me, I am playing around with another mesh. This is not my mesh, I'm just modding it. Maybe this could be SWAT_OP-R8R's new ship The original Author of this mesh is ------------------------------ AMC MATADOR Highway Patrol ------------------------------Version by Marsupi.E-mail : mweill6055@clubinternet.frDownloaded from DMI at http://dmi.chez.tiscali.fr/models1.html==================================================================== Here is a link to the …
  • Could you please explain how you got that into MilkShape ? I tried for awhile with no luck. I'm not sure how MilkShape handles textures. My original .blend file had 20 or so materials, each with textures applied. To get this to work in MilkShape, I had to crush all of my separate materials into one lump material. I'm guessing you can only use 1 texture map in MIlkShape? The one I sent is to bump the normals out and give the effect of hull seams.