Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

• Trivial Knowledge

First semiconductor used in mass-production semiconductor devices (transistors, diodes) was germanium.
  • Trivial Knowledge

Since you reminded me.A superconductor is an ideal diamagnetic.
  • Trivial Knowledge

So does anorexia, doesn't stop some people.
  • Trivial Knowledge

The warship type "destroyer" originally meant "torpedo boat destroyer", because it had lighter guns to deal with fast targets such as torpedo boats. Later extended into "Aircraft destroyer" and "Submarine destroyer".The Russian word for this ship type basically means "Squadron Minecarrier", because at that time Destroyers also carried torpedoes (also referred to as self-propelled mines).
  • Trivial Knowledge

First gas laser used a helium-neon mix as an active compound.
  • Trivial Knowledge

The word "flak" comes from the german word FLugzeugAbwehrKanone, which is used to refer to any sort of AA gun.More commonly it refers to shrapnel shells with timed fuse, which are meant to explode near the target aircraft and cause fragmentation/blast damage.It also more narrowly refers to 8,8 cm FlaK 18 and its modifications, which was more commonly used as an anti-tank cannon. Hence, "Flak 88".
  • Trivial Knowledge

IIRC, if it's a quartz glass. It requires a special type of sand, either, the silicate sand.
  • Trivial Knowledge

Musical group Funker Vogt has no member named Vogt.
  • Trivial Knowledge

.408 CheyTac, that's a round used in M200 Intervention rifle (of Modern Warfare 2 fame).And since you reminded me... SVD designated marksman rifle can mount a bayonet.
  • Trivial Knowledge

That's because bananas contain a lot of potassium, including its beta-radioactive isotope K40.
  • Trivial Knowledge

• Trivial Knowledge

• Trivial Knowledge

Actually, it did, it also took part in Korean War and was the only biplane credited with a jet-kill. I doubt, however, that I was correct with its designation of "stealth", it DID gave an radar echo, but not to the degree of full metal planes.And it wasn't entirely a bomber, original role was a trainer aircraft or a crop duster. However, its STOL capabilities, lightweight construction and simplicity made it versatile enough to play a lot of other roles.
  • Trivial Knowledge

Can't see the picture for some reason. But I suppose it's about Horton flying wing, yeah, I have heard about that along with some other prototypes, such as vertically-launched interceptor and forward-swept wing jet. The latter type of design was poked with a stick later on by Grumman and Sukhoi but both didn't go further their own prototypes.
  • Trivial Knowledge

Basic Geiger counter detects only beta radiation. To detect alpha particles it needs a thin window made in the casing (Alpha particles can be easily stopped), and to detect gamma rays the inside of the detector casing needs a coverage of something gamma rays can knock electrons out of.
  • Trivial Knowledge

The onboard electronics of MiG-25 interceptor are based on vacuum tubes.It is because the plane carries a very powerful active radar that would harm the semiconductor electronics.
  • Trivial Knowledge

• Trivial Knowledge

The PSO-1 scope (typically mounted on Dragunov SVD rifles) has a graph rangefinder. It determines range according to the height of an average human (170 cm).
  • Trivial Knowledge

^That is a reason why Hearthstone minion Scaled Nightmare doesn't tend to live past 4-5 turns. (Hidden Content) Knowledge: The barrels of KS-23 special carbine (Used by RF police special forces, can use shrapnel, anti-material solid slugs, less-lethal bullets and tear gas grenades) are made from rejected barrels for 23mm AA guns.
  • Trivial Knowledge

(Quote from denne) "Nationalism is a way to distract the working masses from the class struggle".IIRC it was Carl Marx.