Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• So now that Delta Rising is just about out for a week, I was wondering what the community thinks of it so far. I for my part find the storyline enjoyable for the most part. I’m not all that keen on the patrol missions though. Looks to me like the developers have run out of good ideas to make them into proper story missions, and this is kind of disappointing. I've been playing the expansion's story for the last few days and I felt the pacing was terrible because of all the grinding I need to get…
  • Looking at those numbers means grind, grind and more grind. The cost is not in dilithium, EC or Zen. The actual cost is loss of Fun, because you are going to be too busy grinding.I'm working all day, so I don't particular want to come home only to do more work on an online game instead of having fun and relax. So I just keep on having fun and do upgrades as and when I can, if I do them at all. Only time will tell. I might actually die of old age before I get one ship on my main toon done
  • I'm on level 54 now and about half way through the story line, but I can't say that I really enjoyed it. Apart from a very few missions most are patrolling systems, fly to there killing all enemies and so on.Now I'm stuck at level 54 and can't carry on with the story line because I need another 27k experience points to reach level 55 to be able to go on with the story line. That means I need to grind other things to gain more xp. Kinda takes the wind out of the sails.
  • Just noticed something else that pleasantly surprised me. I have the Fleet Assault Cruiser on my main character (Science) and bought one upgrade Module to T5-U for it.I also use the Fleet Assault Cruiser on my Tac Captain and the Refit version on an Eng Captain. Both received a free upgrade to T5-U. I wasn't expecting this as I was under the impression that I had to buy upgrade modules for them as well.
  • I've seen your post on the STO forum, but if these numbers are correct, I can't see me upgrading in a hurry as I mentioned in a previous post. Just not worth the hassle tbh.
  • I don't have a problem with adding difficulty to the system. After all, if everything would be easy to get and do, where is the challenge? However, the cost and time involved should be achievable within a realistic amount of time and resources. As it is at the moment, it would take the average casual player years to get to the pre season 10 level again.
  • Well said OP. I only have one or two hours a day after work and maybe a bit more on weekends. At this rate it will take me years to get to the pre season 10 level again. And as you said, I have 6 toons I don't want to neglect as I'm quite fond of them ;-), plus I support the fleet as much as I can as I want to see it grow and prosper as a community. So talking about years is not to far fetched.
  • Wow, hit lvl 58 last night and there is a ton of xp I have to get before getting to lvl 59, not to mention lvl 60. And I'm sick of patrol missions already. Well, better get on with it I suppose.
  • Not much point in using them now then. They popped like fly's as it is without the nerf. I guess in a few weeks/month we can buy elite versions with increased hitpoints and shields for a ridiculous amount of Zen.