Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• I hate to do something as spammy as joining a forum to post about an upcoming game, but I feel a little less guilty as I've played through Freelancer over the last month and recently installed Crossfire 1.9 for a second playthrough. I have a clear memory of picking up the Freelancer box when it was released, and I'm now kicking myself for putting it back down. Better late than never, I suppose. (Something about the big corny Trent on the cover turned me off; I'm glad he got a facelift in Crossf…
  • I couldn't agree with you more. I think Freespace 2 is approaching my threshold for complexity, and it's a cakewalk compared to a lot of other space sims. I had no idea what to expect when I first fired up Freelancer, but I fell in love--and got comfortable--in less than a minute. It doesn't make the game any less deep to have smart controls, and combat shouldn't be challenging just because a ship is hard to fly. I've been playing a few other titles now that my excitement for the genre has been…
  • Yeah, with 55 hours to go now, my hope is waning somewhat. I listened to some of the dev's live stream yesterday, and it sounds like this is a guy who has played every space sim out there. He seems to have a good sense for what makes them compelling and what makes them not, and I think the features he's planning speak to that. As to whether the procedurally generated galaxy and missions will actually be fun, I think that's an unknown at this point. In a lot of sandbox space games, it wears out …