Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• Hallo! Without further ado, let's dig in... We're gonna start with the ground-zero basics. 1. Install Freelancer without patches (v1.0.0). 2. When installation is complete, go to your newly created folder (Freelancer) and right-click it, make sure to un-tick the box that says "Read Only" and apply to all files and folders within. 3. Repeat for the folder in Documents/MyGames, there's also a folder called "Freelancer" that needs this to be applied. 4. Install ModManager v1.31. 5. After ModManage…
  • (Quote from Martind Forlon)In my experience among friends and other Crossfire players the game can suddenly stop working just by taking a break, or doing a relog. It doesn't always have to be the users fault doing something to the files, sometimes it just stops working and the guide above is to prevent it from happening again if it already happened. In my case after hours and days spent trying to fix the broken game I found a pattern that worked... All I had to do to mess up my game was to leav…
  • (Quote from (IOC)Wanderer)Yes, folder does seem to be "Read Only" even after applying but the files are not, check yourself and you'll notice that no file is "read only", just folders. That's just Windows being stupid.
  • (Quote from daDraga)That's how stupid Windows is for you, but the files should have this attribute removed when applying, and this is important for the Launcher to replace change files.Otherwise you could end up with "copy error" while trying to launch the game.Edit: You could also end up with errors during activation in FLMM.
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)Agreed, it's a very large mod and while this process seem to get stuck, it's actually unpacking 6.5 gigabytes. If anything goes wrong in this process tho, it is recommended to check the log at the bottom and repeat the process to see if ppl get the same error...Same error means there's something wrong, but if you get an error just once or two different errors it could be due to a random hickup with the activation process, repeating the activation in LFMM usually works ju…