Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• hi there i was happy to realize that we have a new Star Trek series now and it looks promising, beside the beautyful women (yes, it is Sonequa Martin-Green from "the walking dead" )ok, riding with a jetpack through debris field and without big fat armor and/or shields is a stupid idea, in my humble opinion. but it looks great, especially with a binary solar system in the background. but, the Klingons, really? are they serious? WHAT THE HECK THEY'VE DONE?!?! for all non-trekkies here, this is ho…
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R)oh right, i totally forgot about the last 3 movies. but i have an excuse: i never took them seriously as STAR TREK. they are just entertainment very far related with Star Trek. the kelvin timeline was the worst idea. i can imagine, why they made it, it gives simply more freedom to tell more and new stories. but does this not prove in the same time the poor fantasy of the story-writers? there are hundreds or maybe thousands of Star Trek novels (along all Star Trek generat…
  • exactly this, the danger of getting cancelled, is what i'm afraid of, why i criticize the costs. and yes, Firefly and Defying Gravity had huge potentials. what i liked in Firefly was the logical use of lots of chinese words. Defying Gravity - similar to The Expanse and Mars - is a kind of science fiction that deserves to be called true science fiction. it comes without much super duper high end techno knick-knack and from the present point of view these futures could possibly come true ... if h…
  • some explanations about WHAT they have changed during the years with the Klingons (not WHY): youtube.com/watch?v=P7Nkmf_wGTA
  • this is one of the very few positive views on Star Trek Discovery. there are much more negative opinions.
  • beside the expensive production i see the bad critics as a point that we should not expect a second season. since the new Star Trek movies they seem to give a damn on the opinions of the Star Trek fans. they seem to think that some super duper CGI effects and ST-specific technobabble and slang is enough. actually i must admit that even "the Orvill", a Star Trek PARODY, is more and better Star Trek and makes much more fun to watch than Discovery. of course all other ST series have had their bad …
  • Star Trek Discovery is full-of-action-super-duper-eye-catching ... but crap i don't like it.