Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• Sci Fi in reality

ouch - such a strike against the earth could have in worst cases bad influence on our electronics. Hopefully it will just leave a scratch in our magnetic field. polar lights should be viewable for those on with good weather conditions...This time it was not Al Quaida^^
  • Sci Fi in reality

Michael - dunno what sources you read - but the blast covered nearly half of the suns surface. It was an enormous blast that luckily scratches our earth and most blasted particles have fallen down to the suns surface. The waves can be expected tomorrow so in a few hours. We are not directly hit and the waves passing earth in a more or less save distance. If they would hit earth than blackouts all over the world could be the results. Once happened in Canada in the 90s. Scientist categorized it as…
  • Sci Fi in reality

I think you could transmit data by it if you directly can send them to a target place - what seems they did. If you toggle them between the sender and receiver you could transmit data similar to Morse code. Neutrino reached mean 1 - no neutrino 0. But you just could use it if traveltimes for each neutrino is equal - otherwise you have to fight with timeouts. That makes it harder using it as a new transport medium. Well lets see how this develops. For now i think they are just exploring if speed…
  • Sci Fi in reality

What makes them sure they detected the correct neutrinos? Could have been that neutrinos are sent away after a star collapse into a supernova. Maybe from the remaining radiating core...
  • Sci Fi in reality

lol thats really tiny. Not considerable faster. 40 hours if i travel a year is really nothing...
  • Sci Fi in reality

Just read that CERN confirms Neutrinos are not faster than light. So everything remains as usual.
  • Sci Fi in reality