Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• I am quite stubborn as Bond has noticed someday and I have some forum experience, so I saved my expertise. Here it comes again, reedited to remove emotional content: FOV SETTING EXPERTISE - UNITED REBEL LABS This case come to the light only because I started trolling Dil Bahadur / Tensing about him being a aimbotter / cheater. He denied and described his gaming experience and hardware. He is a vet CS player with 2000 DPI mouse and I think that this can make a difference in every game that needs…
  • Thing will be bigger. With that res on 52' you will be playing doom 2. There is no effect from resolution or display size. There is however the problem of widescreen displays, which is addressed here. Dino, why do you think that higher resolution, beside making things smaller, does change the way ships turn faster? (Quote) Well I'm learning fast. I still don't know many things and fly by feel not by planned manouvers, but I think that after today I crossed the line between a rookie clanner and …
  • LOL. Change FOV to 120, check how fast do you turn. No difference in ship handling.But change res to 640x480 and see if you are turning slower. Same thinking.
  • (Quote from |PX|Dark_Raven) Raven, you have misunderstood me. Read again. There is ABSOLUTELY NO difference in how the ship handles when you change FOV or resolution and you DON'T see more with resolution change. I play on 5:4 display, which is incompatible with standard resolutions - if I run game in 1024x768, then I get lowered performance (don't even now how this is possible) and game looks like s***. If you want to see game how I see it, go to the last IC Expedition thread and check out my …
  • (Quote) yup, time to start up/down strafing. (Quote) this might be the effect of higher FOV, as you can see your enemy while doing strafed booster turn and guns can shoot on wider angle. (Quote) never noticed that, I've seen only very fast fighters. who has such short angles? maybe this one requires research too.
  • Riebens, Tensing couldn't hit me with FOV70 when we were strafe/booster circling and could hit me in the same situation with FOV90. There is a difference in gun turn angle, take longer distances on FOV7 shorter on FOV90 into consideration. It is definitely giving a gunnery advantage. Could you make a screenshot on your widescreen 1920x1080 with FOV90? I'm a bit confused in the matter of ship position in this configuration. Post it in this thread please.
  • We can't really compare this in screenshots, because with FOV change every distance on screen changes a bit. I am afraid I will have to show you that on your own skin. Meet me in the arena and I will show you the difference in gunnery between FOV70 and FOV90. Btw.: LOL, having a widescreen, on which FOV 90 is native, makes ship almost as close to player as on FOV70. Riebens, post 2 screencaps please: in both ship still, one with FOV70 and the second with FOV90. I would like to compare the diffe…
  • In cameras.ini you have: (Quote) You must remove read-only attribute from that file before saving. Save and undock / run game. Write here if it worked.
  • No idea... try changing file attributes to read only or hidden. I remember freefalcon saying something about such problem when we were doing our field report.