Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• Mass Effect for PC

Mass Effect uses SecuROM and requires an online activation for the first time that you play it. Each copy of Mass Effect comes with a CD Key which is used for this activation and for registration here at the BioWare Community. Mass Effect does not require the DVD to be in the drive in order to play, it is only for installation. After the first activation, SecuROM requires that it re-check with the server within ten days (in case the CD Key has become public/warez'd and gets banned). Just so tha…
  • Mass Effect for PC

I was going to buy this game until I seen the CP they are going to use. To bad they had to get dumber after the Bioshock fiasco. I dont mind Copy Protection if its just entering a key code but this is extreme. I will be buying The Witcher instead now. To be honest I dont see why they even use CP it does not work all it does is make us the buyer of said game have troubles while the pirate version (FREE) has no problems. Are they trying to push people into getting a pirated version of there softw…
  • Mass Effect for PC

Well it's too bad that companies think they have to go to such extreme measures to deal with piracy. Once code is released anyone with program knowledge can open and see what they need to change something. The only way to make sure your code and program stay safe is to not distribute it to the world. All this does is push people who would buy the game away and make the pirated version even more appealing IMO.