Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• this is a well known problem that affects sol system, especially when new sound and music data appears: lanes, gates and dk sounds and music. older machines r more prone to experience this issue, and there is little one can do, except to stay in sol as little as possible, and to turn off the 3d sound setting. maybe op will address this issue in 1.8 version by making sound data a bit smaller. it's a general problem with freelancer, and happens in vanilla version as well, but not so often as in s…
  • it says so on author's page, but luckily, i had no troubles installing it. and yes, it works, not just stands there like in a protected mode environment. i had looked for bits it affects, and yep, working all right. ppl can check it too using device manager, under the hidden devices (turn on hidden devices checkbox from the view menu), search for vlatency driver. i conclude the warning does not stand for xp sp2, just for server 2003 version of windows, and possibly vista. as much as i was able …
  • setting latencies without other relevant chipset settings can b quite harmful for a mobo, on older via affected hardware, so i recommend avoiding it on those. on the other hand, one doesn't really need a latency change, and if one wish to make a decent fine tuning, powerstrip is better than latency tool - it does latencies and many other things too. however, it's only a shareware. so, it's a go/go if u know what u r doing. if u don't and still use those affected via mobos, i recommend sticking …