Posts by Geronimo

I used the file Forlon sent me and finished the last missions, thanks for that it was great. I then went back and tried to use my file but still Juni and King get killed and the missions does not complete. I can go through the hypergate and on the other side ships are waiting but the cut scene does not run nor is Juni or King there. Forlon has a copy of my file.

I have play this right from the start, using the games saves. I have had no other major issues, just minor ones where the npcs did not do what they should. I resolved each one by just loading the game with the save made by the game.

I have gone through the single player game form the start but cannot finish. I do not want to spoil it for everyone else so I will not reveal too many details but I am on what I assume is the last mission and I am awaiting orders in Inner Core with the rest of the fleet, orders which never come. I think the reason is that Juni and King have been killed by the Ion Cannons guarding the hypergate, a blue on blue attack. Do I have to continue to wait or is this the end anyway.

Success :walklike: So with Windows 8.1 follow the instructions but run Crossfire20setup.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7. I have not been able to try the server yet as it is currently locked,
    but I am very relieved to have made it thus far and a very happy bunny.

O.K. making progress now. I am running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and it appears to be installing. Will advise if successful.

Has anyone managed to get CF 2.0 to run on windows 8.1. I followed the instructions to the letter and have had no success at all. I have done this twice now including cleaning the registry but cannot get Crossfire20setup.exe to run for more than a few seconds. The installer starts but after a few seconds the installation screen disappears. I have all the folders in my anti virus exclusion list.

The number of systems is 151; the number of bases is 305 but you cannot dock at them all (you need to be GR to get to 1) and not all appear in the list of bases visited in your map and some fail to register on your visit tally; finally the number of JH is around 238 you can dock at, but at the moment, not all are accessible (those linked with the dynamic system). These are the figures for the MP game and come from my database which I think is accurate.

Paying attention to how much loot you have collected, may also help. I have in the past had several characters corrupted and I now suspect it is because I collected too much loot in any one session. When I am now on a killing spree I dock regularly and sell the loot or just jettison the spoils.

Thanks you all for the input, but unfortunately nothing seems to work, even with a clean install. However, I do have a work around.
    The problem is with the EXE2 file, for some reason the Freelancer application, within this folder, now needs to be run as an administrator, just as the one in normal Exe file. So obviously, if the Exe2 file has not changed, then something has changed within Windows 8.1 or my anti-virus, which one, I have yet to find out. As I explained earlier, the Exe2 file loads but is then almost immediately deleted.
    So this is what I do. I have a laptop with Windows 7 and the program runs fine on this. So I run the program and then copy the latest version of Exe2 to a flash drive. I then start the launcher on my computer running Windows 8.1 in the normal way. However, I do not select “Launch Multiplayer”, instead I copy, from the flash drive, the Exe 2 file into the Freelancer folder and run the Freelancer application, in the Exe2 folder, as an administrator and it then runs fine.

Has there been an update to the Launcher only I suddenly have a problem. It was fine up until late this afternoon when the game would no longer start, either in SP or MP.
    I get the launcher and, when I click the multiplayer game, EXE2 is momentarily loaded into the Freelancer folder but then disappears and the game does not run.
    I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit system which has been fine up until now.
    I have Norton anti-virus and both Freelancer Exe and Exe2 are allowed.
    Has anyone any idea what has gone wrong.

I saw this happen, the message stated that you were killed by an npc. You then changed characters several times. I did not see exactly which system you were in, because of the changed of character, but it was one of Dom Kavash systems between Hyperspace and Gurm, because I had seen you in these systems prior to the incident. It was probably Mitra or Ptah, based on your last location I had seen.

Get yourself an eagle and loot a few level 10 guns and the npcs should not be a problem. The only places you might find difficult are the Dervon system and in Inner Core, where it is easier if you enlist the help of another player, but even these are possible on your own.

I raised this issue under server crashes, yesterday morning. It has been a problem for several days now. I mistakenly thought it might be linked to other server problems affecting game play.