Posts by kayman

Hello,

i finished vanilla freelancer story mode (once again), got some credits, better ship and equipment and now am ready to start crossfire story mode. However, i cannot find the start quest. I curently am in crossfire planet, got 2 data disks (one from sleepership in nephele system and one from ragnarok gunshim in death valley). Acording to descriptions, first one should be a quest to help the kusari fleet with te nomads in death valley, but they seem to ignore me. So my question is, where must i go \ what must i do to start the story line?

Thanks.

1. Yes there are. However both hunting wrecks and trading goods can result in fights with the very same annoying enemies as during side missions.
    2. As i said i am playing story mode of vanilla freelancer, there are no weapons of such power to ignore constant shield regeneration.
    3. Shield regen does not make game harder - it makes it longer and boring (note: i do not mind enemies using shield batteries and nanobots, as long as those can run out and then i can kill them)
    4. You can PM me - as i said i do not play multiplayer so i am not going to cheat or something.

But i guess i will not get help here.

Hi,

i recently installed Crossfire mod. Cool stuff and such, great job devs, however i'd like to ask what were devs smoking when they decided to make enemy shield to constantly regenerated. Literally. They are not using shield batteries - the shield keeps regenerating and insane speed and that, combined with enemies, which are marked as rookies, doing maneuvers that are like wtf, makes simple missions in between story line last for insanelly long.

Before you start commenting about how i should get better weapons and such, i am currently on a original story mode in Bretonia - there is not much of a choise (i dont even dare to enter border worlds to hunt some wrecks as i can only imagine what stuff can ace enemies do). Use missles one can say - i am. Slingshot missles, which shopul be doing 500ish shield and 700ish hull damage, does none on direct hit.

Oh, and if i manage to get shield down, it regens to full in 5 seconds and i have to start all over again.

I understand you tried making game more difficult and interesting, but chasing some shit in a side mission for 20 minutes is not fun. So i am asking is there a way to slow regeneration down or remove it? I do not play on multiplayer, so i dont mind editing some files. Just give me name of files and fields.

Thanks.

Kayman