Posts by SirBaron

Originally posted by Gibbon
    I wish they'd change the name, bit close to X3 Redemption for my taste. Graphics are ok, early days yet, seen all this in other games so think i'll wait till its finished

That's X3 Reunion, X32I is the name of the planet the game is focused around, and while both games are set in space, X3 is a sandbox game, and X32I - Redemption is a purely scripted single player game ala Tie Fighter/Freespace 2

Originally posted by Michael
    Actually... at the third video that magnet said was great, they said those effects are unfinished... pretty early. Anyway that graphic would bring some problems at half of the PCs... :D

Not true, it's very scalable, for instance take a ship. The Thunderbird which is about 50,000 triangles, while it may be 50,000 triangles upclose, there's where LOD comes into it so the next LOD has 25,000 the one after has 12,500 etc.

This will run faster than Crysis on lesser hardware, however at the same time have highly detailed environments. The beauty of space is there is far less demand on hardware due to the absence of terrain ;).

Originally posted by Bond
    i like the music theme, promising one...asteroid fields looks good...and that's it

IMO

Well all of it is very WIP ;), it's impossible to make everything perfect from the start, unless we had a few million dollars lying around, which I'm afraid we don't. ?(

Some of the videos posted on here are from when I was working on this project on my own, and thus do not equal the quality that is in the project now and are vastly out of date.

The trailer is due within the next few weeks, and the Teaser posted in the original post while was good for it's use at the time is also out of date.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/62gOrXm3tHw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/62gOrXm3tHw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>