Posts by Septimus

While browsing the net I found this one
    but it costs 85$ to download it. This week I have a bit more time and can try to build my own copy of that ship.

Thank you. Sorry but I did not have enough time to test everything. There is too much work at the moment but with some luck I should be able to finish the ship this weekend.

The point of view. Ha
    It is not about the point of view but about what you consider moraly right. That is why I am here now and not at Starport. From my point of view nobody from SWAT used unfair methods and defence is justified. You can prove me wrong but this has not happened yet.

Is it the wrong time to mention that I got an email threatening me that I will regret it that I joined SWAT because they want to make sure that it does not survive this summer?
    That is interesting as I have never experienced such a behaviour before, I don't like that.

I can only judge by what I have seen but the guys at starport need serious mental help. The way even those admins did act was out of order. I have seen before that such behaviour has destroyed entire game communities and drove players away to other games.
    I have spent half the night to read this forum and I am glad not to see similar abuse on SWAT. No it even convinced me that this is a very fair community with kind people that even supported other communities for the greater good. That is highly respectable.
    While being over at starport for a few days I noticed that even under these hard circumstances nobody from SWAT used insults or foul language while this can not be said about the starport people including their admins.
    Admins should be able to control themselfs and they should be able to be a good example for their community but there starport failed.

Hello,

looks like I am the new one. My name is Ronny and I am known as Septimus on the net. I am a german so please forgive me if my english lacks of professionalism sometimes.

People would say that I am a passionate player and well known mod creator of Neverwinter Nights mods and several mods for various first person shooters. A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me to have a look at some Freelancer mods at moddb.com and for some reason I felt like I really have to spend some time learning how to create such good looking stuff. I remembered the original freelancer and it was not that good but it seems that the times have changed.

Freelancer modding seems to be similar to what I have done before so it might take not long until I finally got a good overview about what can be done. The Deepspace mod will be my first project here and is more meant to be for learning. Maybe I can convince a few friends to come over here and team up with me on this new "journey".

Originally I went to another Freelancer site but got some unpleasent impressions about it. I hope that I have found a better place here.