Posts by FriendlyFire

So from now on, if history says something, it's always right? If I didn't die last year, I will never die! Yay, thanks for the tip, I'm now officially immortal.

All that aside, it's very odd that you appear out of nowhere here and start criticizing BOTH sides of the argument. We may not agree everywhere, but I don't think anyone here would be able to say the other side hasn't done anything worthwhile or helpful to the general FL community. If you think it somehow would've kept itself alive without the support from all of its larger communities like SWAT or TSP, you probably have been living under a rock for the past years or want to lie to yourself by taking only the negative aspect of what's been happening.

Again, I said it: I'm not without faults. OP said the same. However, we both aren't without qualities or successes either, and each and every little thing we've done has been one more thing to help FL keep on going. Whether a massive project or a small addition, the communities present here have had tremendous impact on the overall community.

How many times have we had people saying "Thanks to site X, I've been able to fix Y problem" or "Thanks to site X, I've been able to start modding"? Too many to count. What if these sites weren't there? Those same people might've abandonned and left. Heck, they might not even have encountered their problem in the first place because knowledge would be so fragmented and scarce we'd still be in the modding stone age.

I don't exactly see why you're saying such things anyways. There's nothing to gain in isolating eachother, and your History you seem to love so dearly often proves that, not just in FL, but in general.

Zoomer: No. What you're saying right there is precisely the thing to do if you want Freelancer to wither and die in the next year.

As a dwindling community, we have to, we must overcome our differences and divergences and work together. Otherwise, we lose. It's as simple as that.

Despite the disagreements, nobody has anything to gain from such a behavior.

Unfortunately what you're describing, Slayer, is something that seems pretty generalized amongst all online communities and even offline ones. All we can do is to ignore the rotten apples and keep on going.

I'd prefer to find grounds on which we can all agree upon. It's just a matter of dropping our weapons and trying. I'm not saying I'm clean, far from it; I recognize my faults and accept them. I just hope we can move on and work towards a better future for everyone involved.

I've been pointed at certain threads where posts were supposedly deleted and have verified the claims. I have to retract what I've previously said and offer an apology to anyone whose posts were deleted without warning or explanation; I will personally work on this matter so this does not happen in the future on TSP.

I've also agreed upon having to enforce stricter interpretation of the rules. I had hoped we could just all get along without the need for policing, but it's obvious this is not the case or we wouldn't be here now. TSP will therefore have a less lenient policy from now on in order to refrain such crises from happening again.

@OP and everyone else who's listening: If, at one point or another, you find yourself to be the target of accusation, flaming, jokes of bad taste or anything of that category but do not see any staff member of TSP reacting to such actions, please PM one of us. Remember everyone has their own vision of what is right or wrong and that we cannot always see at first what will offend and what will not.

Thanks,
    FF

Nice to see personal attacks are starting to fly by. Slayer, you have not the smallest idea of what w0dk4's been doing for the FL community in general apparently, or you'd be ashamed of what you're saying.

It's funny how this community (SWAT) has an extremely skewed perception of reality. I guess it's a byproduct of being fed the same side of the story over and over by a single, biased source.

Huor: I guess I just misunderstood the meaning and tone of your post then, my bad. If you have MSN, I'd like it if you could PM me your address (best to do it on TSP if you don't mind as I've no idea where the PMs are on here :P ).

The amount of logical fallacies and general lies in this thread is astounding... I'm surprised people actually give a crap about such arguments by now, considering they help in no way and only serve as a venting area for OP. Feel free to continue arguing against the wall, I think most people have better things to do unfortunately.

It was a fun read for sure!

Huor: I didn't say anything was resolved. I was simply happy to see that some sensible discussion could be had, but you've even managed to turn that around against TSP. That's always a nice surprise :)

Do what you will OP, nobody will stop you. Just remember you're fueling the dissensions by posting things that probably were expected to be kept private.

I'd also like to point out that we have never deleted any post from OP or from anyone at SWAT on The Starport. We did lock threads that went too far, but we have not deleted anything.

I'd also like to thank Huor for the good discussion we've had through PMs; it was a refreshing take on the relations between our two communities.