Posts by Riddick

Hello, I have following problem: Cant get any missile launchers from the wrecks... they are not shot yet if I come, but dont drop anything.
    Anybody else having the same problem?
    Any ideas of a solution?

Hello, the problem I seem to have every day is, that I get kicked everytime I start from a planet with commodities, no matter what planet or which commodity, the server kicks me every time I launch...

Does anybody know what is wrong and what I can do?

Tanx

Well if you have played on the server, than its probably not the problem I was talking about. Coz as I had it, I wasnt able to connect, never. So maybe your problem is somewhere else.
    But I think removing Vista is not wrong anyway :)

Originally posted by u600
    i have the windows vista
    and i haven't the patch for multiplayer

That may be the problem. Vista combined with some antivirus software can block FL connections. I had this problem until I removed that crap OS from my comp.
    I had vista and "Kaspersky internet security". No matter if Kasp was running or not, it FL was blocked completely. Only after I uninstalled Kaspersky, and installed "Avira AntiVier Personal" Freelancer was running again.
    Now I have Kasp again, and win XP... no problems.

I dont really know about other antivirus software/firewalls, but many of them are causing trouble for Freelancer if you run it on windows Vista.

Oh, and you dont need any patches for multiplayer, as long as you have the correct mod version installed correctly, everything should be fine.

Doing missions at low levels on CF is not easy... trading is a more boring, but much faster way to get a good ship...
    But podhunting is still the way that makes most fun, at least for me :)
    I for example bought the best ship I could for the start money.
    At that time it was a barracuda from Kusari, if I remember correctly. Then I went back to NY, killed NPC´s, sold the escape pods, and got enough for an Eagle. Thats all.
    There are many experienced players online, who can help you if you have problems or questions... feel free to ask...
    About your ping... I never played with 200 yet, but as Ice said, if your loss is ok, everything schould be fine, or at least playable.

Yep for such a big and "complicated" ;) mod like CF, you need to do a lot of things right, while installing it.
    You need an absolutely clean installation... for example if you have had another mod activated, then deactivated it, and installed the CF mod, it probably wont work well... thats my own experience 8)
    So the best and easiest way to solve your problem, is a new and clean installation of everything, mod, mod manager, freelancer... maybe even the FL savegames at your documents... at least you can move them somewhere else, if you wanna keep them.

Rofl magnet [697] :D:D:D I got one more for youre dictionary: tax [8]
    LoL if I remember how bad my english was as I came on CF the first time... it´s still not the best, but people understand me... at least it seems so as they would...

@ Intrus
    I speak english, german, russian, and a bit spanish... are you sure we can´t communicate?
    Even if not, there is usually a lot of people of many different countries and languages on the server... Im sure you will find someone to talk with :)

Everytime you lose connection, it says "Possible cheat detected" with your name in the end...
    Looks like your mod client is not updating correctly... why ever...
    As you reinstalled the FL... did you also remove the FL save files in your documents/MyGames/Freelancer?
    Dont know if exactly that can cause such problems, but its possible...

Yep, your weapons, ont the list on the right side of your hud, have to be in a green colour.
    If they are blue, they are deactivated, and wont fire by pressing the fire button.
    You can also try to fire them by pressing the number keys on your keyboard. If that doesnt work too, your installation is the problem...

Its a bit difficult for the start, with the normal CF level... I mean did anyone try doing missions with a starflyer??
    The npc´s regen much faster than you damage them :D:D:D
    But you can trade, to get a better ship, and then, believe me, its much more fun with the strong npc´s. Its just more realictic... I tried vanilla FL after playing on CF... maan thats just BORING.
    The original AI is not a challenge, its food.
    And about Dom´s, they are not as strong as you think
    They have a very weak spot... if you find it, you will take them down with no scratch on your paint job 8)

Well the problem is solved, it was just.. I dont even know what lol
    As I loaded a char after editing the ini files, I was docked on a station, and dindt see any icons on the top side of the screen. For example it was not possible to go to the bar, the icon was too high... only launching was deep enough to select it.
    But after undocking everything was fine, and after I docked again, it was ok aswell.
    So its everything right now, thanx, its looking really awesome with that resolution on widescreen :)

Looks cool, thanx m8, but didnt work that good with me, maybe coz I have a resolution of 1440x900
    On the first ini files I have done it correct, replaced the 1680x1050 with mine 1440 and 900
    The huds are smaller, but still at the wrong places...
    probably I need to change these numbers, so it fits to 1400x900
    does anybody know how??