Posts by Raekur

There are 4 datadisks that have the information you require. Read back through this post as the initial one you need is contained within.

A better connection? I am in the western part of the US and I have a better connection to the germany server then the australian one. The only thing the au server could offer is the same maps as it seems to not have nearly the same size player size so it is good for getting use to the map without having LP flly around and take pot shots at you. ;)

The only place in Hiruga that you need to be careful of is the cluster of jumpholes near the center bottom. One of those leads to a jumphole at the center far left which is in the middle of a mine field.

So all you plan on doing is flying around seeing how much money you can make? Being a FL kinda limits you on what things you can participate in. Since it seems that several people here happen to like you I think you may want to reconsider.

She might be referring to the following.

Changes in Crossfire Version 1.53:
    Chaos logo removed
    Mooring fixture bug fixed
    LODranges of the ships fixed
    5 Powerupgrades rebuild
    6 new Thrusters added
    10 Shield Upgrades added
    Gravimetrical Core has infocards
    Cargopods fixed
    Starsphere in Sol changed to a more realistic version
    Cube Arena is now a seperated system
    Viewrange limit deactivated

Another thing to think about. Wasnt there a code change to increase the evasive skill of the NPC pilots? Part of the "jumping" on the NPC part is their ability to now use reverse thrust. In addition to this even a small hit on the CPU usage in large numbers will produce lag. Take into account the number you see at your location and then add the NPC vs NPC encounters and then add the PC vs NPC encounters in all the other sectors. Part of the lag problem may not be from just a single source but from several sources compounded together and only showing up at various times. As it is, this problem will most likely not be resolved for a very long time and after extensive testing to narrow down the culprits and eliminate them one by one. The only thing that would make this faster is if everyone on the server gave up playing for about a week and helped the admin test various things to see how the system reacts. If the admin has any ideas that he wants to test..I am available to help in any way that I can.

If my understanding is correct the way for one side or another to control a system is to gain point via killing enemy fighters. I am not trying to throw a wrench into anything but thought i would toss something out to expand the manner that the battles are being waged.

On another server they had wars between clans where one clan could actually capture and control another clans system. I am not saying that you should move to that level but the way they did the battles were very nice. To contol a system one side had to capture all bases and planets in the targetted system. Capture was defined by delivering a set number of troops to the location that was defined by the targets size. This expanded the fleet composition from just fighters engaging in dogfights to full scale invasions utilizing capital class vessels to weaken defences to freighters and transports delivering troops (an actual cargo item) to the target. There would be an admin or server police unit present to verify delivery and tally the total number of invading troops that made it to the target and to also notify when the target was captured. Both sides could deliver troops to the target and the defender usually had the advantage in this as they had to travel a shorter distance. This just meant that the invading group needed to make sure that their supply lines remained intact.

Part of the reason for this is that with the loader you have (nice job btw) you could be the first to actually offer a type of universe that has not been presented to the FL community to the best of my knowledge. An actual dynamic universe and not just a dynamic economy.

For example,
    New bases being built using a certain amount of commodities being delivered to the construction site.

Existing bases being destroyed from enemy attacks.
    (this may be more hassle then its worth though for a few reasons)

With the file structure and item placement control that is available you could go as far as actually destroying a planet and replacing it with an asteroid field. I guess what I am talking about is a universe that is changing constantly, this would present a reason to continue exploring as the universe itself grows and changes.

Currently I have been exploring. One character has visited over 100 of the 266 bases that I know of.
    To monitor the market I will create a new pilot that will use the list of bases i have to ensure that he hits every one then buy 1 of a few items to monitor the market with. I was just hopeing not to have to toggle between characters in order to determine trade routes then I can continue going after that Market Item of the day.

I am not saying to remove the dynamic part of the mod. Just that there is 3 ways to gain informaion on the current trade route locations.

1. Spend about 4 hours visiting bases and taking notes.
    2. Have a ship with the items onboard and take notes.
    3. Have a file outside of the game that does the same.

All have their pro's and con's its just a choice of which downside you want to accept.

Couple of notes.
    1. There was no indication of lag prior to the explosion.
    2. The exit is not pointed toward a celestial body, it points toward open space.

Based on those items..it indicates that there was a issue with either the server syncing up or with the detection system. No message to my wingman so this eliminates the detection system from being the cause, and since there was no lag or pauses then I doubt it was a network sync issue.

As another note, this has happened to other players.
    Best guess I have at this time is possible indication of file corruption and the server could not update the character file after the jump.

btw for what its worth.
    For those people who are gaining trade information by having a commodity on a ship and checking its pricing information, having more then 80 different items on a character has caused file corruption and eventually server corruption on other servers. This file corruption can "leak" from one account to another as the corruption happends on the server itself. If you are going to use this method to monitor the market keep the number of items to less then 20 or so.

There is actually a program from Lancersreactor called FLCompanion 1.9 that will parce out the ini files and show the profit from one base to another. Only issue is that this mod has several undetermined values that causes the program to crash. (the other use of this program is locating and fixing errors in a mod to improve stability)

I am uncertain why use of such a program would be considered cheating as its about the same as visiting each base and gathering the information..just takes less time. Similar to you I created an excel file that merges the base name - commodity - modifier - base sells - value - Base display name - Sector so I can sort them from highest to lowest and just look at the file to see where the high value and low value is. If I was using this to modify the files then it could be considered cheating but since it is outside of the game (about the same as looking up information on the internet) it should not be considered cheating, just using ones personal skills to gain an answer. If the SP and Admins feel that this is cheating for some reason or another I will delete the information once a logical reason is provided.