Posts by LuseneX

...Right. In the very next mission, even more OP enemy ships, again armed with cruise disruptors, appear in the Inner Core missions. It is just flat out impossible to survive alone. So much for that single player experience. I'm done with this mod. I really wanted to like it, but I get no enjoyment from this any more.

I suggest you use actual playtesters in the future and listen to what they say before releasing your mods. Goodbye.

Alright, managed to beat the damn mission, though it was technically cheating and I don't feel any sense of accomplishment.

Anyway, my trick to beating the Drones was to lure the first Drone near the GMG station (the Drone will follow you if you get within 5K of it or closer, even with your cruise engines on all the time), and the rest soon followed. I hid my ship among the structures of the station and carefully sniped the drones whenever they came close enough while letting the powerful defense cannons of the station to support me. It still took several tries and over an hour to kill all ten Drones, but I finally managed to do it.

There was just no other way. This mission is horribly broken in SP and needs to be fixed. Seriously.

Seriously. This mission has just insane difficulty compared to everything that I've encountered before. Was it not playtested in solo single player at all?

I can kill the first three drones as required (usually with heavy damage to my ship), but after that you are required to return to the jumphole while being pursued by a half a dozen drones equipped with cruise disruptors. I've never gotten even close. Is there some secret technique to surviving this mission, or is it just impossible?