Posts by Blaxxun

So guys it worked, thank you for your help. I think the problem was that I didn't had enough disc space for the subsequent activation (yeah not enough disk space you read this correctly!!!). Since I am using an SDD as primary harddisk it does not have too much space on it. The first tries I just calculated enough space for FL, FLMM and the Installation of CF, but I had not enough space for the activation of CF (I just didn't thought that it would need another 6gb space). ^^

So I am stupid, but I think this was the problem for me :D

Thank you again for your help!!

Hello Wanderer,

Thank you for the swift answer. Unfortunately I think I have a different problem than stated in your link. In my FLMM folder the files do exist and furthermore, I don't have the descriped "_Crossfire20setup.dat" file. I do have the following files in my CF folder (not the FLMM CF folder):

- Crossfire2setup.exe
    - Crossfire2setup-1a.bin
    - Crossfire2setup-1b.bin
    - flmminstaller.exe
    - Installation Instructions.html

Do you think I should put the above mentioned files into the FLMM folder? I am currently downloading the files again ("Crossfire20setup.zip") to see if I have missed something (which I honestly doubt :/ )

Hi Guys

Yesterday I got nostalgic again and installed Freelancer. Since I wanted a different experience I decided to download Crossfire. However, I was not able to activate the mod properly.
    First of all I followed all the instructions on the instructions link which was provided in the CF 2.0 file. I even used the FLMM 1.31 which was attached to the CF 2.0 file. However, I only got error messages which said it could not copy some files ("SHCopyFile failed"). After some pondering I found out that me using Windows 7 might cause some problems, so I followed the instructions on the swat-portal site for the x64 workaround (Crossfire 1.9 Windows 7 64 bit Workaround - Technical Problems - SWAT Portal). Though it did not work as well (my Error log: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet). It is to be noted that the workaround changed the file which caused the error (another file - which does not even exist in the original FL game - caused the problem before the workaround... so I am confused).

I did not play FL at any time, I followed all the instructions by setting up a clean version of it. It would be amazing if you guys could help me out.

Let me know if you need further information.

Best regards