Posts by Cornholioo

The game is working. I played the first mission with the crossfire mod in single-player, I also figured out what caused the problem.
    My anti-virus. My anti-virus thought the launcher was a virus. I reported it as false alarm but apperently it still removed the launcher update file. I installed everything this time with the anti-virus turned off throughout the whole installation process, and now it works.

Case closed. If I encounter any other problems I will search the forums or create a new thread.
    Thanks for the help guys.

Crossfire Mod Launcher and Updater
    Try this launcher version, first clean install of mod, before you start the first time then replace the files and then start. I am not sure about E7, either its an error code from the old launcher (1.9) i dont remember to have had such codes before - so i assume its still 1.9 launcher. Which it shouldnt in first place.

I believe that helped. My launcher started updating after clicking on Single-player. Unfortunately my internet died in the middle of the updates so I believe the game is missing files and it thinks it's fine so I'm reinstalling everything again.
    I will report back if it's working as soon as possible.

Tried it. Didn't work.

One that is interesting, when I was trying to get CF 1.9 to work, the launcher was able to access internet and update. But after further problems I realized I needed CF 2.0, which has led me here.
    (1.9 problems: game crashed before mainmenu AFTER Launcher updates. BEFORE launcher updates I could actually get into the Main Menu)

And I doubt a reinstall of OS will help and that is much to troublesome. Does anyone else here have Windows 8.1 x64?
    Other then that what, it's impossible?

Greetings, your issues for not seing intro videos are bcs allowed desktop composition, something what installer should set but something on your pc has prevent this. Please follow attached guides in post here: crossfire 2.0 Installer Corrupted ... many users were able get cf working with this.

I'm sorry.. I followed the instructions very carefully, and at the end where I run freelancer.exe as administrator, it opens up the launcher and it is supposed to update but "Error Launcher Update [E7]".
    What now?

Hello community... I'm new here and new to Crossfire, never played it before. I've spent literally about 6 ours til morning trying to get this to work. But, it, just, wont.
    I've tried searching for my problems on numerous threads and I lost count how many times I've reinstalled everything.My current issue here now... After a clean install, installed mod manager and lastly installed Crossfire 2.0, I get an error message when I start Freelancer on the launcher saying this:
    "Error Launcher Update [E7]".
    Apparently this mean corrupted file. I tried reinstall.. Several times. I added my graphics card to the config files. Nothing.When I try clicking Singleplayer or/and Multiplayer, the game starts(in fullscreen I'm not able to see the intro videos for some reason) right before it is about to show me the Main Menu, it dies. Crashes. "Game stopped responding".Also tried some Windows 8.1 guide where I start the game one or two times without mods. Game works fine but to no avail. Also tried deleting the "restart" file. Nothing.
    I don't know what else to do then to make my own thread now.

My system specs:
    AMD Phenom II x4 970 3,5Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 1GB
    8GB RAM 1600Mhz
    Windows 8.1 x64

I believe I speak for a lot of new players to Crossfire when I say, please update moddb with a 2.0 client download.

Stuck for 4 hours wondering why my game wouldn't work. (I had 1.9 not 2.0 and took me 4 hours to realize that after hundreds of issues)
    Probably lots of other new players end up at the same place and create threads because moddb latest version of Crossfire is 1.9. (easy miss)
    Just give moddb the new version?

Anyways cheers, looking forwards to this epic looking mod! (If 2.0 works...)