Posts by Dude

Just wanted to say hello to everyone in this forum and once again to thank you guys for bringing this awesome classic to even higher stages. And who knows, maybe i will even try a round mp after completing the sp story. So you better watch your back in the future :D.

Greetings :),

Dude

Wow, what a quick response in the middle of the night. I will try the "SweetFX Option", thank you very much :). And regarding the sound, i can understand that people like it, but it is just nothing for me. And additionally i loved the old "swuuuush" sound from vanilla version, so it would be awesome if there was a way to disable it (or maybe to get the old sound back).

Thanks for your response :).

E: And also a big thx to AZ09 who welcomed me the second i stepped in and also had some advice. Nice forum :).

E2: I got it :). In case someone is curious,the solution was to navigate to Data/Audio/Sounds/UI and

Rename ui_motion_swish.wav to ui_motion_swish.wav.xfire [this is the Crossfire menu sound]
    Rename ui_motion_swish.wav.flmmbak to ui_motion_swish.wav [this is the original sound]

Feels like heaven, so i can fully enjoy your work :).

Hey Guys,

every 1-2 years, i go for a round Freelancer, since imho it is still the best of all privateer clones. And before doing that today, i checked this forum and was glad to see a new version of your mod.
    So after installing and playing the first mission (everything works perfectly) i got 2 questions.

First one is, when starting the launcher, i saw an option called "Shader Options" in Settings and i wonder, which one i should choose. I played with the default one "Vanilla FL", but maybe i can have even better graphics with another one? So which one would you recommend me? (Ati Radeon HD 5700, 1GB).

And the second one is about a sound introduced by this mod. Precisely, it is always played if you open/close a window like the map at F6, Neural Net at F5 and so on. I would really love to get rid of it (maybe i just have to delete a special sound file?) to fully enjoy the game.

Besides this, i must say you guys did an awesome job (again)! Thank you very much :)!