Posts by timothystow

Speaking about CF 2.0, I love it. But on the last mission, Mission 10, I continue to get a Mission fail message stating that I did hot leave the combat. I try to fly to the coordinates that the Kavash gave me but within 30 seconds of cruising to those coordinates, I get the MIssion Fail message and have to reload from a saved file. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing right? Thanks in advance.

I have played the Crossfire 2.0 game up till mission 6 and the game crashed. I reload a previously saved game and I no longer have any mission waypoints and no King or Juni with me. Do I have to restart the whole Crossfire game from the scratch again? Thanks

I have tried to win this race using different ships and because of the upped speed of 450 (instead of 300), it seems that it is impossible to win. Is the mod for this race to allow you to continue the campaign even tho you lose the race still exists and is downloadable? I cannot find it anywhere here or any other freelancer mod sites. Thanks in advance...

I would like to know if it is possible to have the game Freelancer installed and have another folder with Freelancer installed and Crossfire mod loaded on that game. Can you play Freelancer and Crossfire separately but on the same computer?

What I mean is: I have 2 separate folders (1 for CF 1.9) and (1 for normal Freelancer). I followed the advice of Silverfox and now when I want to play normal Freelancer, I cannot activate some of the mods in FLMM. It gives me an error message:

Error: FLMM has determined that 'Speed mod won't properly activate. This was only a test run, so no files were changed (besides being decompressed). Look in the log for more details.

What do I do about that? I have tried to reinstall Freelancer from scratch and that does not resolve it. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks

Everything works like you said. Thanks. But now I have a new problem. I want to play Freelancer from the beginning and use some of the mods in the FLMM and I can't because now it has a problem installing the different mods. And they wont load. So I am stuck. Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance....

Silverfox,

I looked at the step by step link you sent me and I checked my registry thru "regedit" and I have no listing for Freelancer Mod Manager under Software in the registry. I tried to activate a mod and then check the registry and there is no listing for the FLMM section. What should I do next? Will I still be able to have more than 1 folder of Freelancer to use for different mods?

Thanks for the step by step procedure. Now my next question will be dealing with the saved game folder. Do you need to create a backup folder so that you can store your save games and then when you switch out to the new folder, you need to copy and paste your saved game files into the right folder or do they stay there?

I would like to know how I can set up 2 separate folders of Freelancer so that I can play normal Freelancer when I want to and then switch to the other folder and play Crossfire 1.9 without ruining the first folder with my saved positions. Is this even remotely possible and if so, how? Any suggestions? Much Thanks

Nope still playing Freelancer at the moment. Tried to play CrossFire and I guess I am not used to it. Didn't like it as much as I thought I would. They must of tweaked the DPS of all enemy ships because in Freelancer I beat it with no problem. When I tried the Crossfire version, I could not get past the first few missions without being dessimated. Not sure as of yet. Thanks tho for the pointers...

I have been playing Freelancer for a long time and recently I decided to make a lot of credits in order to get the Titan ship. I bribed the appropriate ones to get friendly with the Corsairs and got the ship. I now think that I made an error in judgment. My question is: How can I become more "friendly" with the houses of Sirius, like the Liberty policy, Bretonia, and other non-criminal factions. Any suggestions? Is there a place that I can start attacking the "enemies" of these houses to start increasing my friendliness with them? Where and with whom can I bribe to become friendly with these houses again? Much thanks!!