Posts by Rainbow Zebra

Still no luck. I've tried loading up several different saves from different points and playing through this. Each time I get the same exact crash. I try docking with the Osiris and it goes in for the full dock instead of skipping it like it does elsewhere. Then it just crashes each and every time. If this isn't working, I guess I won't be able to play it at all from this point. Maybe I'll try again when 2.0 comes out, unless someone has another idea. I just don't know anymore.

I'm playing Crossfire on SP and I'm crashing every time I try to dock with the Osiris during the first nomad battle in the Sol system. I know from searching through this forum that this is an old bug that was supposed to be fixed, but I can't seem to get by it no matter how much I try to reinstall and update everything, even with a fresh install of Freelancer. During every missing prior to this with the Osiris, I noticed my ship automatically docked as soon as I started to approach it, but that isn't happening this time. I have to manually dock instead, which causes the crash. If I otherwise just hang out around Osiris, the timer runs out and the mission fails. I'm out of ideas here and I can't find the solution here, so does anyone else have a fix?