Posts by Zeewolf

Hmm. Ok my definition of a dynamic economy is obviously different to everyone else's I guess it's probably not even possible to implement a true economy in the Freelancer engine. The best example I can think of is Sid Meier's Pirates where the prices of goods fluctuates according to the activities of the player or NPCs, with the player having to pay attention to sudden changes in a base's economy linked to current affairs (war, migration etc). Pirates is on the face of it a very simple game but when you spend some time watching the economy you see there's a lot beneath the surface that can make a player really think about the forces currently affecting the market.

Still in my opinion it would be nice if some commodities that a base is described as producing or consuming are in constant supply/demand respectively albeit with price fluctuations, with other commodities fluctuating more randomly. Some kind of trends would be great whereby remote bases always buy basic commodities in exchange for a certain rare/illegal commodity, prices could fluctuate randomly to simulate market forces and change drastically in response to certain plot conditions (i.e. linked to a news story).

How exactly is it dynamic in the SP campaign? I mean I can repeatedly grind the exact same route over and over again with the prices remaining completely constant. This is no different from the vanilla economy with the exception that most bases are buying and selling random items. So for the SP campaign why not just keep the economy the same as the original.

E.g I hauled 40 Niobium from Yokohama shipyard to Shinjuku station 15 times and the prices stayed exactly the same. I had to find similar stupid random trade routes in every house system.

Hi,

I've been playing through the original story campaign from the start in Crossfire, I've gotten used to most of the new features but one thing that's really been annoying me is the commodity prices.

They seem to be completely random to the point of being ludicrous. I can find the price for a given commodity is near maximum and near minimum in stations that are right next to each other? Is this deliberate? I can understand why some prices could be mixed up a bit but surely there should be a trend for a House planet or station to sell what it's description says it produces.

Is there a way to get back the original pricing for the vanilla commodities?