Posts by otteranglais

Thankyou for the feedback guys.

I am using the FLMM 1.3.1.
    I have Crossife 1.9 and i'm installing it on a fresh install of freelancer.

I think the problem is my base version of freelancer - i don't have this 'launcher' that you guys are talking about. I click on the Freelancer icon and it goes straight to the game (v1.0)
    If i play with this version, WITHOUT Crossfire, it does the same thing, crashes.

I tried to manually download the 1.1 patch but when i try to launch it i get a message saying "The retail version of freelancer is not installed on this system".

So i bypassed 1.1 ; i went straight to the unofficial 1.4 patch. It works! I can go around in space after extracting the files.

So i then tried to install Crossfire, and it stopped working again! ARGH!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Crossfire community. I played Freelancer YEARS ago and following the announcement of Star Citizen I decided to try it again.

I found out about the Crossfire mod and the community and thought i'd give it a try.

I've managed to get the game to launch with Crossfire installed. There is a slight issue in that my font appears REALLY tiny, but switching the resolution around fixes that (to REALLY large).

I tried the single player game. It runs fine, up to the point I launch to go into space. I click launch, the game minimises to my menu bar then eventually disappears.

I tried logging into a multiplayer server randomly. I got in, to the starter planet, went to the pub/store, etc. But the moment I try to launch into space the same 'crash' happened.

There is no error message, the game just stops.

Any advice? Has anyone else experience something similar?