Posts by Hellboy

No no. Not shooting during a race. I was simply stating that I have fun shooting up bad guys in this particular freighter. I finally won the race although it took many tries and some luck. I turned too tight into a ring, bounced off into Hovis knocking him away enough for him to miss said ring and somehow nearly lined back up perfectly with the ring and went on to finish the race. Wish I had thought of loading up fraps. From my experience it is possible even with out bumping him but I think I was making too many mistakes from being tired and frustrated. lol

Yes well I have been having quite a bit of fun blasting around in my rum drum of a freighter. Fly past the enemies and go into turret mode as they line up to chase me. Usually makes quick work of them. I know there is probably many more ships and weapons that make killing enemies a million times easier but I like my playstyle as it brings me a lot of enjoyment. I understand the story and its importance and normally I wouldn't even mind changing out my ship just for the mission. But I do and that is because for one I can't change my ship right after the race and nor can I go back to Liberty space to reacquire my Swashbuckler. Such a bummer. Now if I could say.. rent that pea shooter on the base to race with and then get my ship back; that would be swell.

Also my ship doesnt seem to start out fast enough to 'own' the center of the rings.

Now if I am to switch to a fighter ship which one do you recommend? Also weapon locations. Took waaaay too much time searching every substation just to find appropriate level weapons for my freighter. XD
    I appreciate any advice or information you guys have.

Now to try just ooooone more time. XD

Enjoying the mod so far until I got to the mission where you have to race Hovis. Why oh why is this still here. Beating him in a Swashbuckler seems like a real test of patience. Gotten so close on several occasions but most of the time I'm just left in the dust.