Posts by LordKhil

I did take a look at it. I found some interesting information but not all that I needed. I ended up speaking to OP and Lonewolf and they were able to help me out a great deal. I ended up working out the problem thanks to their help and all it good. My game is working now. I haven't really got a chance to play yet only tested it briefly but from what I can tell so far it is very nice indeed.

Thanks for the help guys and I look forward to perhaps some time in the server.

LordKhil

From what I understand is that my original FL .EXE should work as the EXE for CF once its installed correctly. Am I correct on this?

What I have are 2 seperate exe files because I sent a shortcut to my desktop of the CF exe as the original does not work for CF.

When I use the original game exe it launches the game just fine but the fonts are tiny as **** I noticed a post on that issue with a download which I used and that helped once. When I deactivate CF and reactivated it and used the font download again it did not work to solve the problem even tho I also tried the font folders for both FL and CF before launching.

The original issue I am having however is that CF is not working what so ever. If I use my second exe which is for the launcher it will launch the launcher just fine. IT will then update itself. WHen I choose any game option singleplayer or multiplayer it does literally nothing. The game refuses to launch.

I Think I am going to back up the data on my second harddrive. The CF download, FLMM and the FONT download and use a restore point if possible to back it up to the other day before I installed FL. I am assuming that there must be something left over from the original install that is messing it up.

I have used no other mods just this one. I am also attempting to try another mod with FLMM to see if they work ok.

The only other thing I can think of is that I am not using a CD I am using a NOCD as I no longer own a working FL CD. Could this be the exe issue the error from FLMM is referring to?

LordKhil

I tried the 1.5 flmm and it does the same thing still. I am out of ideas. I am installed and uninstalled and then reinstalled literally everything including the mod, the game, and flmm more then once. The mod is installed correctly. I just don't get it. please help

FLMM is giving me this error message.

Crossfire' successfully loaded
    Can't open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.ini, error = 5

Found mod: C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire

LordKhil

My Crossfire refuses to work. I have followed the instructions to the letter!! What I get is a bunch of nothing.

The mod manager 1.31 was able after many attempts finally activate the mod. Honestly tho I had the 1.5 version and it seemed to work better kinda sorta so I will try that again and see what happens.

The game gets installed and the mod activated then I have to locate the crossfire exe because freelancer exe still works for the original freelancer only. When I launch the original icon the game works but the words on the menu are so friggin small I can't tell whats what and its been a long time since I last played.

When I launch the Crossfire exe manually then the launcher for crossfire opens up. It patches and all that good stuff, but when I launch the game in either single or multiplay it don't do nothing. The launcher is still there, my harddrive for a few moments is trying to load it but then all is quiet and nothing happens.

Can someone please tell me what the blazes is going on here and help me out?

Thanks

LordKhil