Posts by DiehardDougie5

I understand that but if you already have server up and running doesent that preclude that you all still have the necessary files to host the server, I mean I have a pretty good internet connection running 100mbps per sec and a Hex core I7 running 16mbs of ram I think I could host a game, or two and I am sure others have as well I hear you on the lag issue and I will still play the game I was just curious as to how it works between you hosting the server you currently have and me getting the files from you to host my own again I am not trying to be difficult I just want to learn a little more about the problem with LAN hosting

I posted this question earlier and was wondering if you all were going to produce a standalone server for LAN games and Dedicated Server, the reason I ask is because my Latency to the Crossfire server is over 150-200ms and I was hoping that my friends and I could play locally this great mod if anyone has found a way to make this happen with Crossfire v1.9 please let me know thanks for your time

I suppose I this question has already been addressed but the main problem I have with the current server for crossfire is that I am getting over 200ms of latency at a time and experience significant lag which why I stopped playing it I was curious to know if there would be an option to have a LAN server or the ability to host your own game in the crossfire universe as this would allow some of us here in on the west coast of the U.S(i.e southern california to play this great mod) again I loved playing single player I just would like to get a fleet of battleships with my buddies and go pub stomp some Nomads :) Thank you for you time

Diehard

Ok I have a friend that is attempting to activate Crossfire v1.9 on a Win 7 professional system with Freelancer Mod Manger v1.31 unforunately he is recieving the error SHCOPY failed and the mod is failing to activate it is a fresh install of Freelancer with a fresh copy of crossfire v1.9 and antivirus is deactivated while attempting to activate it. Quite aggrevating plz help