Posts by keep_pabst_blue

First, hello, and second, thanks.

I have started replaying through Vanilla Freelancer (With HD Textures Mod) for the first time since college - I don't think I ever finished it then. I have only made it to Bretonia just recently. I am loving the game, got it working in Widescreen, and installed an "HD" texture mode (which is not exactly HD, but I digress).

My question is this:

In your opinions, should I restart the game with Crossfire installed and replay through the campaign - OR - should I finish the SP Vanilla story, then boot up with Crossfire and start from scratch - OR should I finish the SP Vanilla story, then boot up with Crossfire and start on Mission 14.

I understand you may all have different opinions about why I should do which, I'm just really curious to hear some. I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find any question exactly like this - particularly in light of the 1.9 release.

This mod looks absolutely amazing, and will greatly extend my enjoyment of this wonderful game. Why Freelancer 2 was scrapped is something I will never quite understand.

Thanks in advance for any advice!