Posts by neongenesis

reinstalled everything and turned 3d-sound off. nothing changed. still crashing, help pls :/ starting multiplay has the same issues btw.
    edit: sry for posting this in the wrong forum, as i said im new and had not understood the structure :D move pls.

Hey,
    im new to this forum and to Crossfire Mod aswell. Got myself a new PC and decided to install Freelancer too. I searched the web for mods to spicen my FL vanilla up and found Crossfire, which sounded more than ineteresting to me. I worked through installing issues and reinstalled everything after i had gotten the same error posted in this thread (Sp/mod launching probelm). Now eveyrthing seemeed to work. The Crossfire Launcher started and downloaded patches, then said "done". I launched Crossfire SP, but was kinda wondering why i heard the intro videos sound, but didnt see anything, so i pressed ESC until the Crossfire 1.82 Inner Core starting screen appeared. As the menu should have followed Freelancer goes into windowed mode still showing nothing and Win7 says "Freelancer does not work anymore" and searches for a solution but we all know it simply shuts down FL. I desperately want to play :(
    I use Win 7 64 bit, my graphics card is a ASUS HD 6870 and im using the up-to-date driver version of Catalyst using no profile or something. Freelancer is launched in Win XP SP3 mode as an admin. If further information is needed to help me just ask! I did not launch Freelancer before installing FLMM 1.31 or activating Crossfire. So I did not deactivate 3d-Sound. I hope that this is not the issue but will try this out now. Thank you guys in advance!