Posts by Jim_Brown

Well about a week ago i got a "Run Disk Error" and had to replace the hard Drive, ended up getting a fancy new computer out of it. I spent all evening re-installing my games onto this lovely creature only to find out my Freelancer ID that i printed out is missing! This means i can't access my character on the mod, and i was wondering if it could be moved to my new account?

The character's name is Jim_Brown, the ship is a Dromedary. I can pop onto a new char with the new ID if need be for the transfer. It's a pain in the rear to of lost my print out, then again i believed the Crossfire mod reconized the CD due to reinstalling Freelancer on the old PC and my Multiplayer ID was still registered.

I actual run legal trade routes for money. Sure at this moment (Due to rep fixing) i'm down to level 21, and the runs are not giantly insane amounts of money. That doesn't matter due to the trade lanes still being worth a decent amount of money. Besides when trading it's not the profit, nor the destination! It's the travel that you're truely looking forward to... well okay so it's also the profit WHEN you get to that destination....

Welcome to the mod! I myself have just started and took advice from a few folk. Don't fancy fighting the NPCs or people thought, so i've started trade runs (Legal or otherwise... Fuzz won't catch me!). Due to my computer heating issues i won't be on that much, but when i am i'll gladly give you a few pointers or help on the runs themselves. The trades i do are not all that in the $$$ compared to new CF ones. They'll earn you enough dosh to get by and keep on trading.