Posts by emdeesee

Man.. that sucks! But it's nice to know, thanks.

Looks like I'll have to opt out on this one for awhile. My friend is kind of a grump and he likes to keep his system clean (he uses an XP laptop only for downloads). There's NO way I'm going to convince him to install a download manager just for this.

I also tried looking into the installer or extracting it with WinRAR or 7-zip in XP; and using Universal Extractor in Vista. I thought if I could access/extract the files inside myself.. I might be able to figure out a manual install.

Oh well.. maybe I'll try it myself.. I have HiDownload Platinum installed and it grabs things for me that others can't. Will only take me about a month of overnight downloading.. :( . Don't suppose there's a bit torrent file for this? Ugh!

Hello.

I am on dial-up; therefore downloading such a big mod is impossible for me. I've asked my friend (on DSL) to download the mod file twice now and he never has any problems downloading large files. the 1st time he downloaded it from ModDB and this time I directed him to the direct download from Swat Portal. I'm certain the file transfer to my PC here back home (dual-boot XPSP3 [32-bit] or Vista Home 64-bit) off my FreeAgent Go drive is fine as well.

Both times I get the same error trying to execute just the 1,465,411 kb Crossfire182.exe file. Following: Dialog box header: NSIS Error "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at: http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error .

Odd thing is.. when trying this in XP (looking at the file in Explorer) the icon on the executable is always your generic Windows application icon (tiny little white dialog box). Just for kicks.. I tried extracting in Vista but got the same error, however.. this time the executable DOES have the Crossfire icon! BTW.. in Vista 64 I have absolutely no firewall. nor AV software running. It's not needed since my modem is XP only. I have tried disabling my firewall and AV in XP and it makes no difference as well.

I figure the chances of downloading a corrupt installer fom two totally different sites is nil. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all for your time and attention.

BTW.. in XP.. I am the only user/administrator so "run as admin" isn't even an option. I also tried run as admin in Vista and still no go.