Microsoft Flight Simulator X

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lost_Heaven.

• Whoah! Wonder where to start from. I saw alot and alot is to be seen (and should be cause 12-13GB is alot for a game) in this simulator. There are 24 aircrafts of all types - acrobatic small planes, planes without engines (you know those planes dragged by other plane to to specific altitude and use air flows), small planes, small business planes, small bussiness jet planes, big jet planes, helicopters ... Over 2000 detailed airports - just to give you example - i guess most of you dont really know where Bulgaria really is and its not a big country, thats true but the game have 44 airports described for Bulgaria. There are aiports of all over the world. There are training lessons, you can fully configure the level of realism - you can change it to be able to hit the groudn and keep flying way up to the - one wrong manuver or wrong speed can oversteer the aircraft and technical failiures can be simulated too. Or you can fly with turbo jet plane at 9KM+ altitude and you would see the white smoke of the hot engines behind the aircraft if you look it from outside. Sound effects mach verry good.

I'm currently learnign to fly on Bombandir LearJet 45 - small business plane with two turbo jet engines. Made a successfull flight from Airport Burgas (near Black Sea) to Plovdiv's Airport (200-250KM range) for 20-25min. Hey i mean its verry realistic eve nconciderign the distances and speed. Screenshot is taken at ~7KM altitude. For bigegr distances i usally fly at 10-11KM altitude.

Each aircraft have its own control panels, internal look and characteristics/behaviour, flight range. You can choose the weather or choose a real-time weather - the game will use online weather database and update the weather while you're flying at evry 15min. You think you can fly? Try a night or foggy landing. There is free flight and missions. You can play or create server online, or play LAN game. There is so much things that i event couldnt test evrything. Ah nearly forgot - you can take job as Air Control in airport too ;)

Here is some more screenshots on the net: check them out

• Boeing 737-800 at 10KM altitude and about 210-220 knots speed.

Really nice plane, well arranged internal cockpit, good manual control over the craft and for a first tiem i spend soem time to see how the autoilot perform - you can tell him to control only altitude or course or speed or all of them or none of them (means manual control). You can even set degrees of slant when it needs to turn to given from you course. Really great plane from Boeing :D

Managed to take off only once with Boeing 747-400 (Jumbo Jet - 4 engines) and its hell! This one is crying for autopilot ;)

• i had to get a second oppinion, so i googled a bit...

second oppinion

:D:D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• Confirm, it needs alot of RAM for the big cout of objects/models and for some reason the game run only on one of the two cores instead. But hey, i have ~15FPS :D