Cant activate crossfire 1.9

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Crysis.

• so yea as the threath says i cant active crossfire because i get this error in the log i tried everything to solve it reinstal reboot after everything tried to change the name of the file because i know it exists but crossfire just wont find it.

Error: FLMM has determined that 'Crossfire Mod 1.9 Client Edition' won't properly activate.
    Error: file 'C:\Users\yordi van horck\Desktop\freelancer\EXE\freelancer.ini' doesn't exist

please if anybody could help me.

PS: dont mind my english im a bit dislextic.

• Hi and Welcome to CF.

Anyway,

Try this:

1. Uninstall Freelancer & Crossfire
    2. Uninstall FLMM from its folder
    3. Delete the remaining Freelancer folder located in Documents / My Games
    4. Use Advanced SystemCare or another utility to clean up afterwards

5. Install Freelancer and after installation , restart your PC
    6. Install FLMM 1.31
    7. Install the Crossfire Mod
    (Note: The FLMM and the CF Mod must be in the same location as the mod is getting installed within the FLMM)
    8. Open FLMM and activate CF ( ignore the " Not Responding " message )
    9. Right Click on FL's icon Properties / Compatibility / Run under Windows XP SP3 ( If you're on Windows Vista/7 )
    10. Wait for the updates to download and play

For MP: Everytime you experience a server crash/restart , exit from Freelancer and wait for the new updates to download and log in again. By the way , the freelancer exe still remains in the Processes(Task Manager) sometimes, so you should check before you start the game again.

Good Luck

Edited once, last by Crysis: edited ().

• i tried wath you said but i stil get the same error and i cant force crossfire to active ate because it just says it was only a test and decompressed and then it just doesn't activate it.