Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 153.

• We already have a bunch of similar threads but since they are outdated a bit and also full of comments which might not apply any longer I think we start a fresh one.With switching the servers we are now in an environment that causes a bit less pressure related to the finances and the time getting stuff done.The chances getting stuff done and maintained has become more realistic now.That means we can focus more on the other problems which need to get fixed and the way how we can improve the mod a…
  • I would have to take a look at that other mods then.It is not just about their mass... but also about inertia settings and the power of engines.such changes would have to be carefully tested because lots of stuff could break... especially in singleplayer missions and cut scenes.
  • Ive spent half the weekend doing updates to the website software. Mostly performance improvements, fixes, some layout changes, but also some new features.For this topic most important should be that the discord sync got replaced with a much more reliable version and probably you already have noticed that newly added server events are now announced automatically at discord. This will help to spread the word and hopefully gets more ppl joining these events.Additionally i tested the demo of a shop …
  • Tomorrow changes to the dynamic market system will go live.These changes mainly include rebalances required for future events/roleplay.Also a minor bug was fixes which should improve the server stability.There is some background work done on the server to improve plugin stability (I identified two plugins which have lead to unwanted behavior and Huor already seems to have a potential solution... this requires a bit more time and more testing).The latest report about conflicts between Dynamic Uni…
  • Huor has updated 2 plugins and I have started to distribute them today via launcher updates.In general this should improve the server stability.Additionally a test has started to see if we can unlock cpu core settings and keep this setting without negative side effects.We will have to observe the server behavior in the next few days to see if everything works as intended.In the meantime I have started to work on some improvements of the launcher content. None of this stuff is live yet since I do…
  • I think we should include clan stuff into the shop... depending on how i can set it up. Ive been working on it for some days now and I am not really satisfied with it but I think with a few modifications a useful environment can be created.But.... I actually wanted to mention that I have released an update today.Huor provided logs with some issues that need to be fixed, yesterday.I got half of that errors (the most critical ones) fixed today and the files were updated just a few mins ago.The oth…
  • Just wanted to mention that I deployed another 2 patches this weekend. One on Friday... one today.Both fix various issues on Client and Server and should improve stability.I hope to be able to provide another patch in 1-2 weeks dealing with the hopefully last remaining script error. It should be a bit harder to find a solution for the issue. Its not a critical error, just something with minimal impact on server performance which I finally would like to get rid of. Its not really a bug but a side…
  • Since the server was a bit nuts since xmas (an issue that was fixed last week) I did not release the final patch for December. I simply did not want to cause more issues while there already were problems (that would have made identifying errors harder).That means that I am going to test that specific patch in January after I did some stability tests. -> 1-2 weeks.In the meantime further work on reported issues on the ticketsystem will be done. Ive already started to clean up a bit and will go th…
  • 2. That would require an additional plugin but i have no idea how well it works with the current config. I could request another demo but testing monthly recurrent payments are hard to test in a 7 days demo period.3. No4. also, no. There is no time based check for that. But you would actually just be one click away from seeing the list of available "addons" which indicate how much behind a payment is.
  • I've released an experimental server side patch today. Its a band aid on top of a band aid trying to fix a bug of vanilla FL that so far never was fixed.The experimental nature might mean that there are side effects such as issues docking nomad gates, jumpholes, warp gates, etc.Also NPC behavior might be affected.I keep the patch up and running till end of the week and need feedback if stuff starts acting strange.It might even take 1-2 days until I clearly can tell if the original bug still exis…
  • CTD when login - SWAT Portalis this an isolated issue or do more players have such troubles?The server logs related to this ticket dont seem to fit to the changes I did yesterday.
  • after some reports backups have been restoredthis can be considered a failed test
  • yeah, making progresseveryday a small fix, then checking the logs of it works
  • Since the server is running pretty stable again and the performace did improve it is time to move on to take care of other issues.While trying to fix the server statistics that are displayed on the CF page Crossfire 2.0 Freelancer Mod - SWAT Portal I notices some issues that forced me to completely rebuild the daily maintenance scripts as there were some incompatibilities with the new server.The statistics got completely replaced with a new version based on a calculated player score. The rank ba…
  • time for a small status updateThe hardware failure of our webserver did cost me some time in which I could not do that much of the stuff I actually wanted to do.For the duration of that failure stuff i needed for tests was not available to me and some other stuff just did not deliver correct results for that weekend.So it took longer to get the fine tuning done on the new maintenance routines which greatly improve the reliability of certain features. To be precise... Thursday was the first time …
  • change of plansOne of my HDDs died yesterday. Most of the stuff on it was no big loss with the exception of sources for the CF installer.I have a backup of it but that was ~2 weeks older than the final version which means that lots of the pretty important detail changes are not included.Currently we dont need the installer but most certainly we need it at a later point. Restoring as much as possible has highest priority atm since the data integrity of what is left most likely wont get any better…
  • *sigh*ok, I think I managed to restore the crossfire installer and fill the gaps based on internal discussions with the testers and my bad memory.5 days of development were lost and I really hope that the new code I wrote is good enough to cover this timeframe.Im going to check if this restored installer version produces exactly the game installation results as the original release from 2020. If that is the case Ill provide the restored version to the same testers again in order to check if they…
  • time for an general update on the topicBattleship rebalancing seems to be moving into the right direction. More info in this thread: Capital Ship RebalancingIn the meantime I have completed ~75% of the script tests to figure out why the game sometimes crashes in singleplayer while docking. Since I conduct somewhat between 50 and 100 tests per script this is a very time consuming task. Unfortunately the random behaviour of this issue require such a large amount of tests just to be sure.A first in…
  • do you mean the issues we had in December?
  • since we meanwhile know the cause....