Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

• Crashing

I have tried each and every single shader with each of the compatability modes and i still have the same problem everytime game boots up, after all of the skippable opening stuff before it hits the menu the game goes into a complete black screen and then crashes to the desktop. I have also removed the movies from starting up in the freelancer.ini file aswell as within the crossfire mod and it still doesn't want to work i have put a great deal of hours into this and can't seem to find a fix.This …
  • Crashing

There is no save games this is a complete fresh start i have uninstalled and reinstalled like 50 times aswell.
  • Crashing

Yes, i have played freelancer before with the mod manager so i know that it is a apain to get rid of if you don't know.
  • Crashing

I only tried editing out the startup movies as someone stated that this fixed there problem which was exactly the same thing it didn't work so that was that for editing anything i generally don't do it. I am following the guide that was posted now.
  • Crashing

Even after downloading that program that was suggested i am getting the same problem i removed everything scanned deleted everything that came up, loaded up my PC (this PC on windows 10) searced freelancer nothing came up.I have tested all the shaders again so unless my PC hates all the shaders it doesn't seem to be this.As i just deleted everything to do with freelancer at this point now i highly doubt its a save file stopping me.I doubt i have messed up the install i mean it's possible but i h…
  • Crashing

It would seem that freelancer does have an error logging there. I have never used this event viewer so i have no idea what any of this means. but this is what is popping up on that error.Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69Faulting module name: Common.dll, version: 1.0.1254.11, time stamp: 0x3ecbb141Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00091f38Faulting process ID: 0x16ccFaulting application start time: 0x01d656442e09f704Faulting application…
  • Crashing

• Crashing

Moving it to a different game directory gave 3 errors.Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69Faulting module name: MP3codec.dll, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5316cea8Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00001189Faulting process ID: 0x33d4Faulting application start time: 0x01d6565100615d99Faulting application path: C:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exeFaulting module path: C:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2\MP3codec.dllReport ID: 4cf0f394-5979-4e98-…
  • Crashing

No no i uninstalled everything and reinstalled.I should have admin rights to that folder i made it.And yes everything starts with admin rights .
  • Crashing

• Crashing

I can't find a download link to it every site i have visited so far has just stated "DirectX 12 is included with Windows 10 and is only supported in that version of Windows. Updates to DirectX 12 related files are only available through Windows Update. No standalone version of DirectX 12 is available. "
  • Crashing

Apperently DX determined that a newer or equivalent version has been install already. No installation is necessary .
  • Crashing

Directplay has already been enabled i checked that like 2 days ago. I can try making a new folder to place everything into but i'll do that later i just got up.
  • Crashing

I only have 1TB of hard drive space as of right now, i am planning to pick up another SSD but right now due to covid i don't have any play money and i don't really want to partition this drive.
  • Crashing

I uninstalled nd reinstalled to a different folder on the C: drive but get the same 3 errors as posted before. I'll post up one of them so a comparison can be madeFaulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69Faulting module name: MP3codec.dll, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5316cea8Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00001189Faulting process ID: 0x1424Faulting application start time: 0x01d656c9a4b9269eFaulting application path: C:\Gamesv2\Freelanc…
  • Crashing

No only local disk C:One of my friends has played this a long time ago and had the same problem we used team viewer he took me to a completely different file location and deleted a file called Autosave.fl which allowed the game to boot up but i have work to do now so i'll check to make sure it all works later.
  • Crashing

I used the guide and the software you linked lol, this folder for the autosave.fl was in a completely different place under a completely name to freelancer.I actually tried this mod before disco and had this problem so its wasnt disco at all that caused the problem i only tried that mod to see if it make freelancer work which it did but no single player story = me not caring lol. I will be trying the game very soon just got back from work so i need to shower once i find out it works this thread …
  • Crashing

Seems to be working fine now.One question i remmeber when i played many years ago that there was distances counters to places which don't seem to be there with this mod is there anyway to get those again ?
  • Crashing

I couldn't tell you as i said my friend went through and did it, i'm guessing he had the same problem a few years back so he just flew through the folders, an educated guess would be in appdata.And as for online hmm maybe after i have finished the single player plus all the crossfire DLC which i am looking forward to greatly, its great to see there is still a couple of mods that are still being developed on in 2020 which then raises the question why did they cancel the freelancer 2 lol(Quote fro…
  • Crashing

I have installed the crossfire_2.ttf file but i still don't have the distance meters.