Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• The other day I posted a request for information regarding "sliding" as referred to in another thread as a solution for getting through Hovis' track with a freighter. It seems to have been eaten by binary gremlins. I don't know whether the practice of "sliding" is a cheat or not, so presuming it is not, could someone please explain it to me? I have a Bullpup Mark 3 and my vanilla thrusters don't seem to be up to the task. Many thanks, MM
  • Thank you very much Ringotwin, Martind Forlan, DeepSilver and OrdRaydenMK, for replying so quickly. I really appreciate it. And Martind, I found the vid very helpful. I think what I'd do next is see if I can make it to Hokkaido and back with a pair of advanced Hydroxin thrusters (if they exist in the SP game) and try it again. Failing that I'll take your advice Martind and advance one of my saved games with a vanilla ship. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and opinions. Cheers, MM
  • What great responses; LordRaydenMK, SilverFox, Martind Forlan and RingoTwin thank you for contributing; Well, I fought my way to Ainu Station in Hokkaido, picked up a pair of advanced Hydroxin thrusters, fought my way back and (Martind is correct) they made no appreciable difference. I wasn't aware of our ability to "pause" our cruise engines. I will have to try that, especially for those back to back gates. I tried it without weight reduction, without guns and with different thrusters; all to …
  • Thank you Martind Forlan and LordRaydenMK; The Sabre has been my ship of choice for many years, as a matter of fact I was flying one in MP until later last night when I traded it in for a freighter. Once I beat Hovis with the LF (to know how), I will try a HF and then the ships I would prefer to fight in, such as the Sabre and the Bullpup. Thanks guys. MM
  • Thanks RingoTwin; Your suggestions are well received. I will keep an eye out for the Black Eagle. MM
  • Well, I made it through the race course in the Cavalier LF. I tried it again in a Crusader HF and then the BullpupMk3 but bombed on both. I settled on advancing the game with the Cavalier. I made my way back to the Custodian system only to find that my associations with the Outcasts, Junkers, GC's and Blood Dragons made it damn near impossible to get out. I bought a BullpupMk3, a Titan, a Sabre and a Black Eagle; and could only escape Custodian with the Black Eagle. So now I'm in Kusari space w…