Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• As for multicore support, there is no reason to limit Freelancer.exe to one CPU core, even if it is only single-threaded. This happens while playing online. (on the crossfire server)I have brought this up in the past (can't find it anymore) but Freelancer.exe (the game, not the launcher) will assign itself to use only CPU core #0.You can check this in Task manager - details - freelancer.exe - affinity, after having played a bit.The game sets its CPU affinity to core #0 every time you dock or lau…
  • Here is the batch script I made for resetting Freelancer's CPU affinity to all CPU cores: (edit: it is on a 2 seconds loop)(Hidden Content)copy this code into notepad, save it as a .bat file on desktop, and run it as administrator after starting Freelancer Crossfire. This is only needed for multiplayer.
  • (Quote from Huor)It's on a loop, I just turned echo off. It resets to all cores every 2 seconds. I have been using it for a couple months and check occasionally while playing.When I (un)dock, the game jumps to Core 1 only, then a few seconds later, the script sets it back to all. I chose 2 seconds delay so it wouldn't take too long to reset to all cores, for example when you are doing PvP matches, 2 seconds should be quick enough, but 10 might be too slow.Anyway, I still don't know why Freelance…