Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

• PC upgrade

not a bad setuphowever, a few questions is there a timeframe when you want top upgrade?is there a specific reason why you want that mainboard? The choice of the mainboard was the biggest problem for me when I have build my 8700k.There are so many out there with different details.Most important for you should be to know which devices you want to connect. How many USB3 ports do you need? Is USB 3.1 interesting to you. How many USB2 ports do you need? Do you need and stuff on the front panel of yo…
  • PC upgrade

oh and one more thing about your choice of graphic cardits a nice choice of the gtx 1060, it has a nice turbo boost and good cooling. Most of the time you wont even hear the fans as until 60°C its passively cooled.with 27,5 cm length it should also fit into every PC case.
  • PC upgrade

hmmmok... on the graphic card I would clearly advice to go with the 6gb version since modern games easily reach 3-4 vid memory on high and ultra settings.The difference between 3gb and 6gb version is not just the size of the video memory... the 3gb version also has a lower amount of shader units and should perform ~10% worse than the 6gb version (worse if the memory limit has reached). Your cooler is actually not bad. A single tower cooler is perfectly fine for that CPU. However, it depends on …
  • PC upgrade

np, if you have further questions i probably can help
  • PC upgrade

But isnt the Hyper x212 a single Tower cooler?How can that be too big for ram slots? I would expect such problems from dual tower coolers or one single block coolers (which outperform single towers). I think that the coolermaster x212 is one of the best choices in that price category but if you just focus on cooling performance you can find better ones.e.g. the Noctua Nh-U14S is a really great performing single tower cooler. But it is also a multiple times more expensive than the coolermaster. …
  • PC upgrade

Well, to be honest I am not sure about windows. I had the same worries when I switched PCs... but well... Lets put it this way.I have read that you can not transfer a Windows 10 license that is based on a Windows 7 OEM installation because this is just a digital created key. This simply wont work.Installing Windows 7 and then doing an upgrade to Windows 10 might work. Microsoft is right about that. Officially these upgrades are no longer supposed to work (Microsoft announced that users can do t…
  • PC upgrade

if you dont use the fan thats ok... the difference in temps is just a few degrees... not much to worry about about the wolfenstein stuff... well like portalearth wrote the graphic card could be a problem. Putting the speed difference between gtx 750 and gtx 770 aside the 2gb video memory might be a problem. In the game your graphic card will probably stutter a bit because it tries to load additional textures while removing other textures. The minimum requirements for the CPU are also not met. E…
  • PC upgrade

most games put their focus on rendering stuff - therefore they need a good graphic cardthats the main focus nowadays however some games are more focused on CPU performancethey are the minority but they exist
  • PC upgrade

The good thing is that the graphic card is the one component you can replace without much problem.Open the PC... stick it in... add the power cable... close the Pc... done.opening the packaging is more complicated
  • PC upgrade

(Quote from Michael) Thats a difficult question.If you compare a I5 with a previous generation I7 it is very likely that the old I7 will win in a performance comparison. Thats because the performance gain between each generation is just 10-20% while at the same time the difference of the clock speeds between i5 and i7 also is around that percentage (mostly a bit higher).Thats why the I7 7700k performs slightly better than the I5 8400. Another factor you have to take into consideration is the am…
  • PC upgrade

biggest problem price related is RAM and graphic cards.The prices for RAM literally doubled within just a few months and same applies to mid tier graphic cards due to bitcoin mining currently the problems with meltdown and spectre also puts pressure on the prices since especially server components will be needed to compensate the performance losses on current hardware. I guess that hits RAM prices significantly harder than graphic cards since servers actually dont need these. my advice regardin…
  • PC upgrade

Never let a ssd get Full. SSDs have limited Rewrite capacities for every bit and relocate newly written data to empty space instead of overwriting old bits. That is done to increase the lifetime of the SSD. If the ssd is too full it keeps writing temp data over and over into the same sectors which eventually get damaged. So never let ur ssd get full. Consider it an operational drive but not a storage drive.
  • PC upgrade

the energy consumption... the global warming... the waste of resources just for a bit money
  • PC upgrade

Some cards have a fan stop feature which allows them run via passive cooling. I also have that but during the hot summer days I at least let the fans run at 20%. Now since its getting a bit cooler again I probably will rely on passive cooling. In many games it wouldnt even start activating the fans since my hard has a very big heat sink for passive cooling. The thing is its not only stopping the fans in windows but also in games until a certain temperature is reached (usually 50°C). I didnt wan…
  • PC upgrade

• PC upgrade

Sounds like the worst possible cooling solution since in a vacuum heat can only radiate away via infrared. Even a hot summer day in the Sahara potentially offers a better cooling performance than a vacuum. Oh, and you try the aquarium PC case only once. Whatever you have seen on youtube... thats not water. Its a non-conductive crystaline cooling liquid. Thats btw. also why we will never ever encounter an aquatic alien civilization. In order to develop technology they eventually would have to do…
  • PC upgrade

• PC upgrade

• PC upgrade

Have you noticed that you need a faster CPU? I guess that should be the deciding factor.You would gain 2 additional cores and hyperthreading with such an upgrade. The power consumption would be doubled (you should check if your cooler can handle 130TDP). It might run but it might run a bit hot. You probably should test the performance in your current system with max load.You might gain +10FPS in games and maybe 10-20% extra performance outside games.
  • PC upgrade

The issue with the 180W that the manufacturer claims is that it is unlikely an realistic value. It most likely is based on not likely test conditions with low and stable room temperatures and perfect airflow.It does not help you to have a CPU with ~15% more performance which then thermal throttles on a warm summer day.My i7-8700k has a TDP of 95W and I have a Le Grand Macho RT with two relative good BeQuiet Fans. The cooler is rated for 320W and would under full load reach ~85°C... with mild ove…