Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 46.

• redesinging the klingons clearly is a bold moveintroducing such an ugly ship design on the discovery is another onethe other ship next to the discovery is looking more in line with the starfleet default design but im sure they will find a good explanation for that also keep in mind that the klingons in Kelvin Timeline have another different look Btw. in that DS9 episode Worf didnt really explain what happened to the appearance of the KlingonsHe just said that Klingons prefer not to talk about t…
  • the problem with expensive Scifi series is that they get canceled very soon the list of canceled sci-fi series is longI still cant forgive them for canceling Firefly and Defiying Gravity. even Enterprise was canceled... justifiedDont get me wrong, I really loved Star Trek Enterprise. Its just they focused too much on the temporal cold war in the last season and that pretty much killed it.When STO focused on the temporal cold war aswell, the game suffering because everything else until that poin…
  • youtube.com/watch?v=g8X_QRzpZXg
  • When starting to watch it I decided to give this series a chance and not judge it based on previous shows.Lets face it by todays standards not all of them were any great. TOS was more fiction than science combined with bad acting.Voyager more like a bad soap opera... yeah in my eyes it was.However, no matter which series you take, at some point they all had their justification and I believe Discovery will develop its own justification. There are of course a few things I dislike.e.g. the look of…
  • lets take this fan theory about the mirror universe and toss it out of the next airlockor have you seen anything about the terran empire in discovery?the federation never existed in the mirror universe so this theory is nonsense. I personally dont get why people even think about such stuff. There is nothing wrong with how the federation itself acts. The federation is at war and does what needs to be done.Sisco has done worse to win the Dominion war by creating a reason for the Romulans to enter…
  • youtube.com/watch?v=_R7G0zXF4HA
  • I made a mistake. Yep, that is what it can be called. I watched the first episode of Star Trek Discovery Season 2. (if you have not watched it you probably should avoid this spoiler) (Hidden Content)
  • ... the episodes get more and more ridiculous they have managed to make spock a psychopath murderer
  • hipster spock
  • youtube.com/watch?v=nFTsctYfWEw
  • Can we agree to disagree? Ive been trying to write a review for that season for the past week and tried to find the right words. I think I stick with "urghh". Lets start with with the 2 things I liked about the season. 1. Captain Pike. He was a refreshing character and almost a good captain. 2. The visuals were pretty good. What I did not like: 1. The many monologues. Nearly every episode started with a phylosophical monologue about a topic the show writers actually did not understand. 2. The f…
  • sure it is scifi but there is good scifi and bad scifi I dont think that the idea behind discovery is by default wrong but when you write stories which happen in a timeline that to a noticable degree is already known then you should have writers which know about the canon and lore. Also some background knowledge about the science you are going to use would not hurt. Star Trek from the very beginning tried to portrait known science in the best possible way. The show writers of the other filled s…
  • You see how you even struggle to explain something simple like a name/title on that show. Sure maybe the dark matter was part of a normal matter rock. It would have been visible then (maybe). But if so... the transporter beam that tried to beam Burnham would have beamed away the normal matter part of left behind the dark matter part in the same way that teleporter was able to beam Burnham while holding the rock in her hand. No matter how you try to explain it... it does not fit.
  • I am impressed by your breath holding capability
  • Well, in my eyes the 2nd season was worse.Why?Because they did not have the balls to go with the decisions of season 1 and forcefully tried to correct stuff. While doing so they contradicted themselves.e.g. their try to remove the holo-tech from the timeline again... or their decision to "correct" the klingon appearance once more by explaining the season 1 look in a lousy way (which contradicts canon even more).Their try to correct stuff from season 1 always made it worse.It also did not help to…
  • (Quote from Huor)Well, we destroy OUR world currently... not the world of somebody else... and for sure not after telling these 'people' "dont worry we stop it"... especially after they proved to be able to attack us.Odyssey Class -> Saucer seperation + ONE Aquarius frigate.
  • youtube.com/watch?v=rnlxugk3Qb0
  • youtube.com/watch?v=vvE8aEb2OcY
  • I made a terrible mistake yesterday and watched the first three episodes of Discovery season 3.It started with burnham wearing a plot-armor allowing her to survive literally everything... frontal hitting a full speed spaceship in her spacesuit followed by an uncontrolled atmospheric entry which most certainly would have burned her to a tiny fragment of coal before hitting the ground... and ah yeah... hitting the ground at full speed.This was followed by an eternity of bad acting till almost the …