Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

• As of today the first version of the new Community bar is online on the SWAT Portal http://www.swat-portal.com Why the new one?Well the idea indeed is not new at all. Starport hosted and still host the FL Community Network bar. The reason why we started to work on a new one was the extreme instability of the old FLCN which was reason that all sites which did use this bar had massive access problems. To shorten it... when Starport was offline or unavailable due to other events all other sites in…
  • thats a matter of configuration but yes... we will let it open in a new window then
  • i am aware of thatand yes more links will get added in the same way they were added to the original FLCN however the new version we offer has much higher potentials as it not only was developed to show a few links
  • and its working perfectly
  • this just has been posted by w0dk4 at www.freelancercommunity.net (Quote) isnt it nice how they want to prevent that ppl use the new bar?actually he has no idea about it but puts much efforts in discrediting it and SWATthis is meanwhile the 2nd time that TSP ppl tell others not to go to SWAT and not to use our servicesfreedom - nonefairplay - nonerespect - nonethese guys hijacked my thread about our community bar to discredit it and such sneaky shit has been done several times before. that guy …
  • my reply (Quote)
  • their aint any drawbacksits just his poor try to influence other site admins
  • its an error of the matrix... they try to adjust something
  • which FL community?It were FL site admins which requested this new bar when the TSP one did cause heavy problems to their sites.actually we wouldnt devide anything if w0dk4 and his friends wouldnt have start their campaign against SWAT and everything that gets developed here. SWAT got removed from the old FLCN more than one year ago... we did not experience any disadvantages since that time while the new bar can create real advantages for the communities running it.
  • actually here m8but plz give huor a bit time to fix a minor issue with the display in IE (he is not 100% happy with it yet)it wont take long as for the installation instructions... its the same procedure like on the old bar: putting a few lines to the header of the site and putting the rest of it to the place you want it to be displayed
  • right there will be people using it ... and there will be people which dont want to use it but thats exactly the situation we already in the FL community with the old barthere are ppl which use it and there are ppl which dont want to use it and i doubt that a replacement of the old bar is even possible as w0dk4 and his tsp friends would under no circumstances allow that just for the only reason that the new bar has been developed by usnot to mention the reason that they use the old bar to bind …
  • the benefits are written above in my post however... w0dk4 critisized out features (and the planned ones) so if he really intents to update his own bar with the same stuff I for sure will remind him and the rest of the community on what he said about our features earlier
  • geez... benefits 1. its free... no registration needed... no alignment to a community needed2. it allows to include even small FL sites which is not possible on the old bar due to its rules3. its more dynamic4. no admins that ignore the users5. possible support of site descriptions6. possible support for communities outside of FL which probably is the biggest benefit for FL sites7. better visiual effects8. very easy to customize9. in future an automatic registration and moderation system10. ...…
  • the new community bar will get released this weekendeventhough the code has been finished now i want to make sure that the hosting server offers a maximum of security
  • ive registered an additional domain for this feature now that will get used for reading out the data... that will make this stuff even more secure (until the multiserver support gets established) since in case of attacks (eventhough its harder now to do those attacks) i simply can redirect the domain or let it run through a script which automatically redirects it.Additionally this allows us better modifications and more secure development of the new versions. Right now i can only wait until the…