Posts by Selahfaell

Hmm.... It's hard to explain. I don't have like stray thoughts, or anything like that. I just don't always notice facial expressions and I'm not very good at holding a conversation. I haven't been officially diagnosed with anything, but the doctor said the best fit would be Aspergers, due to the fact that I don't always understand other people's feelings.

I thought about the Royal Navy too, I wonder what their rules are for just general crewmen.

Originally posted by Nuclear_Winter
    Good luck ;)

Think I'll need it.... Going to think things through and make a decision. My parents will be against it, but it's my decision.

I think Doppleganger was ex-military.... he's British. :P

It'd give me something to do anyway.

Ok, so spoke to an army guy via their website help room thing. If you have autism, you're barred from the armed forces. Aspergers is an extremely mild form of autism. I have an extremely mild form of Aspergers.

So, it doesn't affect my performance, which means I should be able to serve. You would never know from looking at me that there was anything wrong, only if you knew my childhood. I guess I'd be ok then.

Because it's much easier to ask here than ask a British Army officer directly ^^

Aspergers can't be treated with medication, it's treated by CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). I don't have it severely, not enough to hinder my capabilities, but I didn't know if there was some strict rule about mental illness. ?(

But if there are people in the army with it, I should be fine then. I'm considering the military as a career, so I just didn't want to be going down a dead end street. :))

Originally posted by RogueJet
    Whatever you do - DON`T GO TO THE ARMY!
    They`ll just turn you into a mindless killing machine.

Where do I join? [7]

Seriously though, I'm looking to join either the British Army in the Infantry, or the Royal Air Force in the Regimental Gunners. I need to *do* something, instead of being stuck here in my hometown scratching around for some job to live on. The military is sounding very attractive right now.

So, anyone know? Can mild Aspergers Syndrome prevent you from joining the Armed Forces?

Ok, this might sound like a silly question, but I don't really feel like going to the online "chat advisors" on the website.

I know there are some ex-military types on here, so I want to know this. Is there any catch in the military that says that someone with a mild form of Aspergers Syndrome can't serve?

I'm getting fed up, I've lost my job, my car, all my money, I'm £200 in the red, and I need something to do, a purpose if you like. I'm thinking of joining the British Army.

Any help would be good :)

Ryzune

Originally posted by Doppleganger
    dont ask - dont get

bare in mind ive lost 1.1bil in the last 7 days to market scammers and rats too, so ive got my own gtc's to pay foor too :P

You.... did what? lol

I've noticed that lots of people doing jetcan mining are doing it in mining barges and exhumers, without any defenses.

I made off with 10,000 units of Concentrated Veldspar yesterday in a frigate. So that was 10 trips back and forth with a cargo hold of 114 m3.

Now if I'd been in an industrial, with a hold of 4,000 m3+, I could have easily made off with a few hundred thousand units. Risky for the miner indeed. Perhaps not so much for someone who can mine massive quantities, but for a newer miner, you're open to theft. [10]

Originally posted by magnet
    le-gal ac-tion! le-gal ac-tion!
    maybe we could hire some cheerleaders to shout that [and other slogans] on #LR irc all the time :D

I'll do it, I need a job. :P

And if I can get some money together, my character is Dietmar Jaeger.

P.S Yes Azadur, Dietmar Jaeger. It will remain Dietmar Jaeger now. I personally blame having this silly mental illness for making me so I can't settle on a profession. At least, it's a nice sounding excuse :P

On a side note, cos I don't know where to post this, I will probably be out of EVE for about a month or 2, due to lack of funds to pay for it at this time. Just quit my job due to depression. Suxxors :rolleyes: