Posts by Legion

There's quite a few mods around now that offers high res textures, even bloom and reflections, but sadly there's no stand alone mod that only changes the original game!

You would have to download one of those mods to get a Freelancer with better graphics so it wont just be vanilla anymore...

However if it isn't a problem with modded content along with better graphics there's plenty around! Most of the major mods offers improved graphics now!

In my personal opinion the only mod to go for is CF when it comes to single player (Not open SP) I like the toughness of the mod as I always found vanilla waaaaay too easy!

However... When it comes to multiplayer I think it comes down to not only the mod features but also the community around it and sadly I can't say I like Disco... I tried it out a few months ago, went online and asked a few questions in open chat such as "Does this server run FLAC or FLHook" and other few things i couldn't find a satisfying answer to on their forum... And the results were players being rude both in open and private chats about me to "Go read the rules" and bla bla bla like that... So my personal experience tells me CF is the mod to go for when it comes to both SP and MP! The guys are strict here yes, but not rude when it comes to a new player asking questions to make sure he got everything right...

@ OP

An old dog can always learn new tricks! Hehe...
    As for side effects I haven't encountered any whatsoever... Yet! I doubt there's any, but let's see what happens as soon as I melt the full equipment archive into the mod! right now I'm only testing it on my demo version!

@ magnet

One word... Microsoft! Alot of things seems to indicate bad and rushed coding and half assed attempts to make something work! But you guys know that...

Damn... Why does such a simple thing has to be so hard to remove!? :(

Hmmm... But maybe there's lines where you can overwrite the first letter with something else like when you want the vanilla Nomad faction to show up on the rep list!? You know like fc_n_grp to 0c_n_grp

A correction as well... I meant common.dll not content.dll

There you can find lines like: "read@Thruster@Archetype" however this may not in any way be related to what I'm searching for I know... But those lines does seems like a logical choice since you'll find them point to others like:

read@Munition@Archetype
    read@Power@Archetype
    read@Projectile@Archetype
    read@RepairKit@Archetype

Search the file to see the rest for yourself in that section of the file, then I'm pretty sure you'll share my suspision on them...

I really hope someone can provide me with a fix for this...

By automated infocards I mean those such as for shields, weapons, thrusters etc. with their stats.

The text strings are stored in resource.dll like "Thruster Top Speed" "Shield Capacity" and so on but something tells the game to automatically read the values from the specific equipment part in the files and that's what I want to have disabled so I have complete control over the infocards!

I've had a look through the exe and the dlls and it would seem this "feature" is controlled by content.dll however I can't crack it...

I hope someone can shed some light on this...

Thank you for your replies everyone... I think I got what I need now! Haven't had the time to play with it all yet, but should have in the weekend... If I still have problems I'll return to bug you all... lol! :-p

But the graphics thing isn't the most important right now anyways... Working hard to get my beta of the mod finished, finishing all the systems, balance out weapons, trade routes and so on... But I dare to say that when it's ready you should have a very balanced, hard and challenging mod with a whole new universe to explore... No vanilla systems and so on... I'm also aiming to get it a MMO feel so hopefully I can count on you all to give me some feedback when time comes! :-)

lol... Okay I did ask for an answer like that... but seriously!

I've put the dll in my EXE dir along with the ini containing the settings and also enabled them in the ini... but but but... Still the damn thing wont work! So am I missing some files or something else here?

All I have is the d3dx9.dll and an ini named d3dx9.ini (that's what they were named when I downloaded them)

I wouldn't ask for help if I knew what the problem is guys, so if you do know what my problem might be or you have a working code for the ini maybe you could post it please... Or maybe give me a step by step on how to make it work!

Again thanks in advance! :-)

It still wont work so I'm doing something wrong... (obviously)

I've put the .dll in the EXE folder along with the .ini containing the settings... I've also set the UseEffect to 1 under the [Global] segment... And still no results...

So could someone please explain to me as I was 3 years old how to do it? Hehe...

I've got my hands on the dll file made for GTA:SA which can also be used to make enhanced graphics on FL... I would like to play around with it in my mod, but I have no idea how to implement it...

So a few pointers/help would be very welcome!

Thanks in advance! :-)